Happy Birthday n3tjm

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks :). How did you know it was my b-day? Unless I am completely blind, I do not see any birthdays listed on the front page any more. :D

This week is spring break at the school I work at so I decided to visit my twin brother in Cincinnati for our birthday, as well as taking an extra week off. We have not gotten anything for him yet, partly due to how payroll works over the break, the fact that I wanted to pay my taxes before I left, and my second job has not paid me yet. So money is very tight, We also wanted to weight till we got here to get a feel of what he needed. We did that last year, and it worked out well

At my age, (43) I don't expect much for my birthday. My mother in law sent me a card with $20 cash. my twin brother got me a Yaesu FT-60R Dual Band FM Transceiver. I didn't connect the dots when he asked if I still had that Icon HT. I figured he wanted to know so we could take it when we go ride the Old Kentucky Dinner Train on Friday. It is a nice gift, and obviously will be nice and handy at future rocket launches :D
FT-60R.jpg

Thanks :). How did you know it was my b-day? Unless I am completely blind, I do not see any birthdays listed on the front page any more. :D

This week is spring break at the school I work at so I decided to visit my twin brother in Cincinnati for our birthday,

At my age, (43) I don't expect much for my birthday. My mother in law sent me a card with $20 cash. my twin brother got me a Yaesu FT-60R Dual Band FM Transceiver. I didn't connect the dots when he asked if I still had that Icon HT. I figured he wanted to know so we could take it when we go ride the Old Kentucky Dinner Train on Friday. It is a nice gift, and obviously will be nice and handy at future rocket launches
Click on the "MEMBERS" at the top and it brings up a new page that lists things like "Post Count", and there is a section that lists all the people who have a birthday.

When you visit Cincinnati are you going to eat at Skyline Chili?

I'm from a town above Lexington. where does the Dinner Train go?

Man, your brother really likes you, giving you that radio.

Click on the "MEMBERS" at the top and it brings up a new page that lists things like "Post Count", and there is a section that lists all the people who have a birthday.

When you visit Cincinnati are you going to eat at Skyline Chili?

I'm from a town above Lexington. where does the Dinner Train go?

Man, your brother really likes you, giving you that radio.
Of course Skyline is always on the list of places to go to while I am in Cincinnati. Another place on the manditory list for me is Wild Mikes. We get their hot wings. They make their own Blue Cheese and its to die for. We always order extra. My Wife likes LaRosas. Personally I think they are OK.

The train starts in Bardstown, KY, and I think turns around near Clermont. KY. 32 Mile, over 2 hour train ride.
https://www.kydinnertrain.com/

Happy birthday Doug -- nice gift from your brother!
Good to see some Skyline Chili talk. We purchase it locally at Kroger in the freezer section.
My early years were in Cincinnati. I remember being at Crosley Field with my dad on September 30, 1965, when the Reds lost to the Pirates 1-0 in 16 innings.
Many happy returns of your day!
Russell WB4OFN

Latest posts

Back