Happy Birthday Dynasoar!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you get an opportunity to give hints about what you wanted or did you get pot-luck?

Originally posted by rebar_rocketry
Here's to many more.

Thanks!

It's also the birthday of both the Statue of Liberty and the Great Arch of St. Louis. I've written several jokes about sharing this birthday with those things, but none of them are suitable for a family oriented forum. I blame my fragile male ego.

It does also happen to be Bill Gates' birthday, but even that can't spoil the day because it's also

NATIONAL CHOCOLATE DAY!

Originally posted by powderburner
Did you get an opportunity to give hints about what you wanted or did you get pot-luck?

I'm getting precisely what I've wanted to get for this particular birthday (50th) since at least 20 years ago: my very own AARP membership. When my mother joined I surprised and delighted her by announcing that I'd researched AARP and found them to be a very good organization, and that I looked forward to joining myself. I went as far as to ask whether they had honorary memberships available (alas, no). I think she was very gratified to see that I'd accepted the Native concept that age was appreciated and elders are respected.

I got a membership when my wife joined last February, but today I get my own.

I'm not even letting the physical manifestations of aging get me down. The other day, when I was spackling the payload tube of my Mirage rebuild to fill the spirals, my arthritis was acting up so much that I couldn't hold the sandpaper around the tube. So, I glued the sandpaper to an old gardening glove and did it that way. It didn't work worth a darn, but I didn't care, because I WON.

Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Ah you now can step lightly into geezerhood....

..... and start selecting which Grateful Dead albums will go with me to be played in the nursing home. Loudly.

"Do not go quietly into that good night.
Rock and roll against the fading of the light."

Yeah, I know that's not right. I like mine better.

Woohooo, another AARP member. Hope you have a great day down in the Great State of Texas!

50th!!!!!!!!:eek: holy cow man! I'm catching up to ya.

Happy B'Day dynasoar :D

Back