Hanging Pictures w/o holes?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
This is the smartest fourm I have ever been a member of. I need to know if you guys have any ideas for hanging picture frames on painted cinderblock walls without drilling any holes. Also, the method used to mount the frames must be temporary (ie. not leave any permanent marks or damage on the wall). AND it must be strong enough not to fall on the floor (or me). I know you guys have ideas. Let's have em!

Double-faced carpet tape has a pretty strong tack to it, but it might not hold against the cinderblock. Same thing goes for the industrial-strength velcro strips (got mine at Office Depot). The rough surface of the cinderblock is going to be the limiting factor, I think.

WW

Thanks guys! I knew I could count on you. I'm going to have one classy dorm room next semester. ;)

This stuff has worked fine for me on smooth surfaces. I'd buy one set to test them on your surface.

heck, I just put a 5 foot bookcase on the wall in question and stand the picture *on* the book case...

:p

Originally posted by Ozymandias
This is the smartest fourm I have ever been a member of. I need to know if you guys have any ideas for hanging picture frames on painted cinderblock walls without drilling any holes. Also, the method used to mount the frames must be temporary (ie. not leave any permanent marks or damage on the wall). AND it must be strong enough not to fall on the floor (or me). I know you guys have ideas. Let's have em!

Any chance of hanging them from the ceiling right at the edge of the wall? Monofilament fishing line maybe?

In my dorm room I had cinder block walls and they said no holes. Well, I didn't leave any holes. I anchored some blue Tapcon screws in. When the year was over I put some toothpaste in them and they looked fine.

Edward

3M makes sticky hooks. get em at wal-mart in the hardware dept. not sure how they'd work on concrete, but they stick to the drywall better than nails. lol.

Back