Hangar 11 4" X-15 Build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they're still around I don't think they're into rocketry any longer. They still have a website but nothing related to rocketry. No new kits and I doubt you'll find any on the open market.

I have one and built it to the point of attaching the side shrouds. Its not an over-complex build but it is really different than anything else I've built. It's nearly all bolt-together. You can glue/epoxy stuff but it isn't required.

I think they're still around I don't think they're into rocketry any longer. They still have a website but nothing related to rocketry. No new kits and I doubt you'll find any on the open market.

I have one and built it to the point of attaching the side shrouds. Its not an over-complex build but it is really different than anything else I've built. It's nearly all bolt-together. You can glue/epoxy stuff but it isn't required.

WOW thats pretty cool. Now this is the 4" version right? I wonder why they didn't do the same type of build process for the 6"

In case you X-15 fans are interested and haven't heard, Steve Neill over at SNG Aero Rocketry has a couple of brand new X-15 kits, one model rocket size and one for 29mm motors (pre-order phase). He has teased about a larger one, so maybe...

https://sngaero.wordpress.com/products/

Yes I've seen those kits. He does a really nice job and they look great! I was considering one, but really want a larger scale like a 4" kit

Sorry to resurrect a "thread from the dead", but I realized I never finished this thread! I actually launched it once or twice more, then left the hobby for about 6 years and came back earlier this year. I've since finished the paint and decals and have launched it twice more.

Unfortunately this kit is no longer available, but maybe others will find it interesting and helpful if they build something similar (or have one in the collection waiting). :)

Here are some pics of the recent launch. Each flight has been great with landings pretty close so it's a wonderful, reliable (so far) and sturdy bird. J425R-14 used and altitude around 2000'.

X-15_10_2_21.jpg.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back