handy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My little one has scissors vs. pliers, but I agree....

I have decided to leave my Leatherman in my toolbox. Instead, I went to Big Lots Closeout and picked up a $4 cheapo version of it. I have a tendency to lose stuff on the range. I figure I could afford to lose a cheapo. The pliers come in handy for removing stuck motors.

Best tool I ever got!

I keep mine on my hip, have it with me always. Received it as a gift from (get this :) ) the guy that *named* "FlisKits', my long time friend and Best Man, Jim Meyer.

I've built rockets with it, repaired rockets, heck, i've fixed my truck a number of times, not to mention the TV, clock, vacuume cleaner, table, etc, etc, etc...

I've even cut firewood with the darned thing.

Great for fishing too!

Leatherman, don't leave home without it! :)

Pick up (brand name) multi-tool for range box....

Man... keeping up with these TRF'ers is tough...

I have one of these. Mine is called a "Victorianox SwissTool" it was a gift (luckily because they are very expensive. The people that gave it to me engraved my initials on the side as well.

Man that thing is amazing, very sharp though.

Mine is a Schrade, and it's the most used tool in my range box. My sister gave it to me for Christmas a few years ago, and had the knife on it laser sharpened. I also keep an el cheapo one in there too, in case I need two pliers at once.

Got one for my son...but I still don't have one myself. I was eyeing the Gerbers I saw at Lowes last week. I need another tool like a hole in the head though.

Carl

I got a Leatherman Wave for my 12 Bday.. i've use that thing for so much stuff!!! i always have it on (church, fishing, everything).
and keep it sharp enough to shave with... it can come in handy!! i've used my to cut balsa like an xacto knife... not the best but it works in emergency
s:D

I may get a swisscard lite for my birthday, but the store also has leathermans. Which is better? Maybe i can get both. Other than that, I'm asking for more money. No giftcards. Can't buy expensive rockets with gcs.

I've never seen a Swisscard so I can't speak for it, but an authentic Leatherman is incredibly high quality. Well built, rugged, stainless, sharp and with a number of different styles so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs.

I HAD a nice tiny one. It was a Shefield. Made in England.

Do not leave it in your pants pocket and wash your pants!

My wife walked into my office and gave me a handfull of MOST of the parts to mine!

sandman

I have two. One is a LM Wave, probably the nicest piece of equipment I own. I do not want to lose it! I wear it only away from work. I work in a wastewater treatment plant (I'm a turd-herder, poopsmith, you get the idea). I wear my $10 WalMart tool there. If I drop that in a tank or lagoon, I won't be tempted to swim after it. I really like that Wave a lot!:eek:
Bob

Mine is a Leatherman Sideclip. It has a CLIP on the SIDE , so I'm pretty sure that's where it gets it's name. This is my second one. The first one came with one of the mini tools and cost me $20 at Sam's. Best $20 I ever spent. I lost it while I was out playing kickball with my Brownie Troop behind my daughter's school. I spent an hour looking for it after the meeting was over, but never found it. I won this one off Ebay. I've also got a Shrade, A Gerber and another cheap one that I keep in the range box. The Gerber is the only one that I spent big bucks for, but it's pretty bulky. It has a tool set that snaps on to it, so I keep it in the car.

Back