Handbook of Model Rocketry, New Lower Price

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rebar_rocketry

Reaction score
For some of those who haven't bought the new edition yet, I now have the Handbook of Model Rocketry, 7th Edition marked down to $17.47 and this is the new price, not a "sale" price. It retails for $22.95. Because of recent "developments", I can now compete more closely with some of the big book stores on the price. And check out the "The Complete Book of Spaceflight: From Apollo 1 to Zero Gravity" while you're there. It retails for $35.00 and I have it for $28.97.

Nice! You should find a way of advertising to the new TARC teams about your discount. This year TARC is no longer including the book, RockSim, and the altimeter. Maybe put a post in the TARC message board? I'm not sure if Trip would like the advertisement.

He would most likely think of it as spam. I would not do it. You can find another way though. It is a good idea to do.

Originally posted by rocketsonly
Nice! You should find a way of advertising to the new TARC teams about your discount. This year TARC is no longer including the book, RockSim, and the altimeter. Maybe put a post in the TARC message board? I'm not sure if Trip would like the advertisement.

Not to mention that SpaceCAD is the new official software of TARC this year. They could get a great deal on both of them at my site. I'm going to have to take SpaceCAD off pre-order price because they're already here, but it'll still be cheaper than retail, and a lot cheaper than rocksim. I think just $49.97.

Originally posted by rebar_rocketry
SpaceCAD is the new official software of TARC

Where does this proclamation originate from?

On the *official* TARC website, it lists several sources of software useful for the TARC, most of it as free downloads.

No mention of any particular software being THE OFFICIAL SOFTWARE.

Just links to respective sources & vendors.

CTimm

I was going by an email I got recently from Andreas concerning this:

I am proud to tell you that SpaceCAD has been selected
official software for world's largest rocket contest, the
Team America Challenge TARC. Sponsored by AIA and the
National Association of Rocketry, the Challenge is
for middle and high school students, with more than
16,000 students participating in the 2003 and 2004
competitions.

To compete in the TARC contest, I had to add a new feature
to SpaceCAD - the parachute designer, that is currently
only available in the "TARC edition". It will be part of a
future, official SpaceCAD release.

This success underlines the importance and quality of SpaceCAD
and...(snip)

Andreas

Surely he wouldn't lie about it. I'm going to try to contact someone involved with TARC and see if we can get an answer to this.

Not to mention that SpaceCAD is the new official software of TARC this year. They could get a great deal on both of them at my site. I'm going to have to take SpaceCAD off pre-order price because they're already here, but it'll still be cheaper than retail, and a lot cheaper than rocksim. I think just $49.97.

I think because SpaceCAD is the official software for TARC this year they're offering a special edition version for $35 (S&H included). Look it up in the TARC Handbook, Appendix IIII.

I am proud to tell you that SpaceCAD has been selected
official software for world's largest rocket contest, the
Team America Challenge TARC.
Andreas

The excitement of being included in the list of available sources this year, rather than being excluded with the package deal that ran last year might have morphed the translation of being "one of the simulation software sources" to "the official software source".

Its a nice advertising ploy, but adding "one of" is more PC.

CTimm

Originally posted by CTimm

Its a nice advertising ploy, but adding "one of" is more PC.

CTimm

Well, sorry about my "advertising ploy". I was just going on the info I had at the time.

Okay, I'll stop nit-picking semantics.

SpaceCAD is official software of the TARC.
RockSim is official software of the TARC.
As are many other freeware programs.
To say it has been selected as "THE" software is stretching it.

But thats advertising for ya.

"Get your whites whiter than white!"
"Now with blueing for whiter whites!"

CTimm

Back