Ham Radio ?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I absolutely love listening to the local repeater guys complain about their bursitis and other ailments. I also love throwing out my callsign during a break in the rag chew only to be met with silence. When I lived in CT, I would sometimes get one of the local repeater hot shots make a comment such as "oh look, fresh meat" but never speak to me directly. Yup, 2M ham is super fun for all.

I absolutely love listening to the local repeater guys complain about their bursitis and other ailments. I also love throwing out my callsign during a break in the rag chew only to be met with silence. When I lived in CT, I would sometimes get one of the local repeater hot shots make a comment such as "oh look, fresh meat" but never speak to me directly. Yup, 2M ham is super fun for all.

My BIL who has been a ham operator for 40+years says 2 meter is glorified CB. That's all I have now, and have met some great guys who have become good friends.

Back