HAM Radio anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still working on my mixer and stereo receiver which has issues so my HF radio is not fully operational. The Flex 6400 is a marvelous piece of equipment. But living in a condo ruins ham radio as it's all about the antenna.

Attention all ham radio operators-- I have to unfortunately sell my Flex 6400 HF radio that has the automatic tuner built in.if you are not familiar with it that is a totally software-defined radio and runs off of the standard desktop. The father my health fails, the more bills I collect and I have to sell my worldly possessions to keep the bill collectors at Bay. It is 2 years old and was built in October of 2019 and has the original box, manual, and microphone. They normally go for about 18 to 1900.00 I'm asking $1,900 for mine that would include shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states. or please pass this along to anybody else that you know to see if they can help me out and give me out of this financial hellhole that I'm falling deeper into each month.
jlqb5UH.jpg

mmTQm2U.jpg

thanks,
Marty

@hobie1dog - you may have already considered listing your Flex on a site such as eham.net but if not, it might be worth looking into. In the site's classifieds, the HF Radio section stays active, with equipment for sale listed on a daily basis.
Hoping that you find a buyer quickly as you tackle the challenges you're facing.
Russell WB4OFN

@hobie1dog - you may have already considered listing your Flex on a site such as eham.net but if not, it might be worth looking into. In the site's classifieds, the HF Radio section stays active, with equipment for sale listed on a daily basis.
Hoping that you find a buyer quickly as you tackle the challenges you're facing.
Russell WB4OFN
the only site I don't have it on is QRZ and you have to pay $30 to be a subscriber to post items for sale, and I usually stay away from there as they are really mean-spirited group of people over there that usually always give me some smart alec remarks when I post things so you can imagine what I think of them.

The cost of entry for the hobby has gone way, way down, so go for it. Five to 10 hours of study and you can pass the test. Equipment is almost laughably cheap - for example, you can get yourself a $25 dual-band HT to play around with:
https://www.amazon.com/BaoFeng-UV-5R-Dual-Radio-Black/dp/B007H4VT7Aor a higher-quality starter unit from Yaesu (who's been making ham radios for a million years) for $100:
https://www.amazon.com/Yaesu-Original-FT-65R-Dual-Band-Transceiver/dp/B06VSNWYYX
I'd rather have the Baofeng than the Yaesu. Better, yet: Anytone AT-D878UVII. I have one and love it. DMR, analog, built-in GPS. That's the HT. A mobile/base HF/VHF/UFH FM-only quad-bander would be the Tytera TH-9800 for around $200. I've got one in Der Red Maxine. Go to a hamfest, and you'd be surprised at the deals you can make there.

Latest posts

Back