Halloween Fun Build Thread: Estes Nike-X, ESAM-58, Red Nova

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

messedupryan

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After LDRS we had a cleaning party to remove salt from literally everything the club owns. After the cleaning fun was done, I ended up with 2 kits courtesy of donations to the club. When I brought them home and started building them, my wife and kids started chiming in on the design and they want Halloween themed rockets!

My wife's favorite movie is Hocus Pocus, so she wants to do a Sanderson Sister's theme and do 3 rockets. Since the 2 kits had a similar appearance, I looked for a 3rd to complete the trio. I ended up with the Estes Nike-X, Estes ESAM-58 and an Estes Red Nova.

1629932391410.png 1629932428582.png 1629932495686.png

I thought I'd save posts and combine them into 1 thread and share progress on the bunch together. We are thinking black rockets with colored highlights in green, purple and orange. Goal is to have these ready to fly for the October club launch.

1629932942200.png

Are you sticking with the stock cut fins? You could make the Hocus Pocus ones shaped and painted to make the rocket look like a broom, another could be pumpkin fins/skeleton bones/ghosts etc. Just a thought. Have fun and can't wait to see the end results no matter what!

Back