Halloween 2020: Let's see those pumpkins

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Halloween is a screwed-up mess this year due to COVID, and just for good measure we had a precipitous drop in temperature today, just in time for the trick-or-treating (such as it is).

But nothing stopping us from carving pumpkins! This year my daughter really wanted something Snoopy-themed, so I found a picture of this one online and made a pattern out of it. I'm quite happy with how it turned out:
Snoopy pumpkin.jpg
I use the carving tools and methods from the PumpkinMasters books; usually I use their patterns as well but this year tried something different.

Let's see 'em!

That came out well, you even got the light to come out his eye.

I know this isn't what you had in mind, but it's what I got. My 5 year old son got this pumpkin today, and was very excited about it, so he was especially distressed when my 1 year old son took a bite out of it tonight. But my 5 year old son currently believes anything is fixable, so we just glued the bite back in.

PA300547.JPG

Little family carvings
zGz44JR.jpg

akfTIQJ.jpg

YFT6dLD.jpg

rbpoZxY.jpg

DCJfVeZ.jpg

P7rX1r6.jpg

55pAgxn.jpg

i1acivB.jpg

i0t78sN.jpg

Car2d4a.jpg

4LYgCvC.jpg

FF2p5Zz.jpg

little tip - put your cell phone with the flashlight on in the pumpkin to get good lit up pict (way brighter than a candle)

20201031_174257.jpg
This year's Pumpkin! Unfortunately like most things this year, Halloween pretty much sucked. Normally we'll get well over 100 kids, we might have gotten 25 the other night. Not to mention in Northern NJ it was the coldest Halloween since 1992, that didn't help. Hoping for better next year and a belated Happy Halloween to all of you!

Not one I made but one posted on a military service in which I served.

A few forum members as well.

Attachments

• B77C239C-F853-4001-9AE9-5F0CF9C2D857.jpeg
    B77C239C-F853-4001-9AE9-5F0CF9C2D857.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 13
I, like others, didn't realize that was supposed to be a Trumpkin. Did you use the report button?
No. It's more fun to point out the hypocrisy on this site by posting something opposite and seeing how fast both get removed. Political posts are NOT allowed... unless the politics are left leaning, in which case it's tolerated.

It happens every time. Someone posts a very Liberal post, nobody cares and it stays up for days - I post a similar but Conservative post, both are removed within minutes.

I am gonna jump in early for the 2021 pumpkin carving did this one today

6975AC07-6615-46D5-8A57-10D9D9D97BF4.jpeg

Back