GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is what my Savage 110 hunting rifle turned into. I used to hunt deer and Elk in Idaho. Here in Nevada it's a miracle if you get a tag. So, now it's a long range gun. 30.06. Douglas double X barrel and a 3 lb Timney trigger. Sub MOA. The scope is a Muller 8x32 SFP. I just put the wrap on tonight. I have a veil to use with it and a Ghillie suit. Today I received 7 Wilson Combat 8 round mags for my 1911"s. I bought them on GunBroker for $166. And they are new in the packages.20221202_002530[1572].jpg20221202_002601[1573].jpg

Here is what my Savage 110 hunting rifle turned into. I used to hunt deer and Elk in Idaho. Here in Nevada it's a miracle if you get a tag. So, now it's a long range gun. 30.06. Douglas double X barrel and a 3 lb Timney trigger. Sub MOA. The scope is a Muller 8x32 SFP. I just put the wrap on tonight. I have a veil to use with it and a Ghillie suit. Today I received 7 Wilson Combat 8 round mags for my 1911"s. I bought them on GunBroker for $166. And they are new in the packages.View attachment 548864View attachment 548865
Good score on those 1911 mags, just under 24 bucks a pop for a quality mag... :)

I went out to the desert the other day. The Colt 1911 is going back to the factory for adjustment. So I shot one target with my other 1911 and one with the Colt. I wanted to show whoever was going to fix it that it wasn't me. Then I shot 8 exploding rifle targets I make. Total was 30lbs. Came home and cleaned guns.

I went out to the desert the other day. The Colt 1911 is going back to the factory for adjustment. So I shot one target with my other 1911 and one with the Colt. I wanted to show whoever was going to fix it that it wasn't me. Then I shot 8 exploding rifle targets I make. Total was 30lbs. Came home and cleaned guns.
I can't recall if I've posted, but here are my 1911s...Remington R1 Enhanced, Springfield V-16 Longslide and Range Officer with some custom parts.

Screenshot_20221213-080306-951.png

Last edited:
There are a number of firearm forums that I have followed over the years, but my circle has tightened quite a bit. These are the only two I follow anymore:

Snipershide: Because I love precision builds and rimfire

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/aud-feeds/
And the CMP: The M1 Garand!!! Duh!

https://forums.thecmp.org/
Yeah, I used to frequent one that was supposedly dedicated to high quality semiautomatic carbines, but I had to leave because it seemed to become so radical, especially while the pandemic was just getting going. One guy expressed his sincere desire to push “the leftists” out of helicopters and most of the people there didn’t object. I explained why I thought that kind of post reflected poorly on all gun owners and could be used to stereotype all owners of modern sporting rifles and I just stopped going there. I thought I might miss it, but it’s been a couple years at least and I haven’t.

Now... ya see? That young lady there has a right nice pair of BOTH guns & rockets. Outstanding!

Here is what my Savage 110 hunting rifle turned into. .... Sub MOA. The scope is a Muller 8x32 SFP. View attachment 548865
You gotta love that scope. I think that is the exact scope I put on my custom 10-22 for Sportsman's Team Challenge way back. I put a lot of work into mounting it perfect, and I gotta tell you. I've had worse glass at TEN TIMES the money.

Loading for this kind of cartridge is like eating chili peppers.
You don’t want mild like an Anaheim but also don’t want Ghost peppers.
A middle hot jalapeño that you say “WOW" but reach for another is the goal.
With absolutely no load data I looked at shotgun slug and 45/70 and 50/70 loads. First shot was not fun. Using Unique fired with 50 BMG primers I believe it lit too well. Final load was 20% under first shot.

Here is something one of the guys did. It's a Ryobi colored AR.View attachment 552587
Wouldn't he worry about grabbing a drill when he really needs the gun? :p

BTW - Big Ryobi fan...I started with the old dark blue drill and 18v nicad batteries around the 90s (back when 12v was more common) and everything still works even with the newest batteries! I used the drill and impact driver to build my "flying Santa" display the other day.
20221223_084201.jpg20221221_161436.jpg

Since I've done two derails above :p, I got a custom Rink grip for my Benelli MP95 in the mail yesterday from Germany (Mr. Rink himself). Looks gorgeous to me!
20221223_080901.jpg
20221223_080844.jpg
20221223_080833.jpg
Funny side note is that the packing included German newspapers and one of the pages had a topless actress...was quite a surprise, but also shows how different our cultures are.

Since I've done two derails above :p, I got a custom Rink grip for my Benelli MP95 in the mail yesterday from Germany (Mr. Rink himself). Looks gorgeous to me!
View attachment 552607
View attachment 552608
View attachment 552609
Funny side note is that the packing included German newspapers and one of the pages had a topless actress...was quite a surprise, but also shows how different our cultures are.
When we were in England the Sun newspaper had a page 3 girl. Same thing. Topless girl. Should have seen my dad's reaction when I handed him a newspaper and he opened it up. It was like a kid with the Sear's catalog and got caught looking a woman's foundations.

Back