GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More projects.
Stocks were roughed out and partly inletted by Lawson in Tucson.
The 2 red white blue will be a 375 Weatherby and a 270-08. Nice combination
The purple and yellow is getting a Remington 700 single shot action in 30 BR. Trying to keep it reasonably light.
I like the single shots for hunting as we are in and out of vehicles, unloading reloading and this way I don’t have to mess with the magazine. Just don’t miss.

View attachment 482011
375 Weatherby? Guessing African game as nothing in the US requires that kind of hitting power, though there are bullets contructed for it for use on lighter skinned game. I own both a Rem 700 in 375 H&H and a Rem 721 in 300 H&H. The 375 H&H for large caliber doesn't really recoil all that bad. The one 375 WBY I fired was a bit harder recoiling due to both increased velocity and the gun was slightly lighter than my Rem 700. Your 375 WBY must be of a earlier vintage than my H&H's.

Tuesday I received a box from Rock River of parts I ordered last Oct 15th. I wonder when I'll see the rest of the parts I ordered. All my Spikes orders from the same time frame show "processing".

I finished setting up a friends Rock River Rage pistol today. I added a YHM shorty QD muzzle brake and a YHM Blast can. A set of Meprolight night sights and Magpull grip. The optic is a Crimson Trace red/green dot.
View attachment 482144

That's going to be a loud SOB. I had a 10.5" 5.56, sold it to my neighbor, he could not live without it and I was happy to kick that crazy loud rig to the curb. Well that and I'm a Daniel Defense snob. :)

Found out a while ago that my 1873 had the firing pin rusted/seized tight. So I finaly took it to the local gunsmith this morning to see if he can work any miracles. He also has a 20's model 94 saddle ring carbine that I purposely avoided looking at today. I might not be so strong when I go back...

I have a 7" upper for my SBR. You are right. Very loud and a giant flash. It just sits now. I put the 10.5" upper on. I have a suppressor I can put on that one. About the Glock. I'm a 1911 guy and I don't mind a Glock now and then. My wife has a Glock 19.

I have a 7" upper for my SBR. You are right. Very loud and a giant flash. It just sits now. I put the 10.5" upper on. I have a suppressor I can put on that one. About the Glock. I'm a 1911 guy and I don't mind a Glock now and then. My wife has a Glock 19.

Part of owning an SBR in a high power cartridge chambering is realizing that they're a room broom meant for easy handling inside close confines. They're a specific tool for a specific job. Other than that, they are a pain in the butt to make run right, and simply SUCK for general shooting activities (unless you have an internship at Helga's House of Pain).

Suppressors mitigate much of the suck, but it'll always be there.

That's why many of us have gravitated to PCCs for SBRs and as suppressor hosts.

I'm a gun nut also but I go on the gun related forums for that. Be leave it or not there are alot of rocket guys who hate guns. Go figure
I don’t hate guns, I just think this isn’t the place for it. I am amazed that the admins let this happen in the first place. They will lock you out of motor building but allow a weapon thread….

I don’t hate guns, I just think this isn’t the place for it. I am amazed that the admins let this happen in the first place. They will lock you out of motor building but allow a weapon thread….
This is a community with a lot of diverse and sometimes disparate interests. Remember you don't have to visit this thread if you don't want to :).

did they call the Saturn 5 a missile or a rocket? …..I’m sure you can interplace either as many carry non destructive payloads…and plenty of weapons for sure…if you think that justifies this then OK.

Last edited:
And you are right, I don’t need to visit this thread as I am certainly not the thread police. :)
I just checked it out recently for the first time and was surprised at some of the photos and comments…but hey, have big fun! I’m outta here. :)

Last edited:
From the introduction to the Watering Hole: An area where general discussions can take place, that don't necessarily fit well into other categories. This can relate to rocketry, general chat, or any other topic not prohibited by TRF rules and guidelines.

So far, the discussion about guns hasn’t resulted in bickering or devolved into politics because people have participated respectfully. Rocketeers in general understand that technology such as rockets and firearms can be used or misused. All of the rocketeers in my local club are enthusiastic gun owners.

Prohibited subjects are typically those which nearly always eventually result in online bickering, such as religion or politics.

The access restrictions for motor building are based on government concerns about information possibly falling into irresponsible or malicious hands as reflected in ITAR. The forum owners wish to avoid that entire mess and chose a set of restrictions they are comfortable with.

I picked up a Spikes Tactical lower today. Now I have 2 Spikes lowers and 3 uppers and enough parts to build one. I also have a Rock River upper and lower and about 1/2 of the parts. I'm going to bid on another Spikes lower tonight.

Back