GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where I work we made this.
600 Nitro Express Encore pistol. We have made about eight of them.
We made one 700, just in case the 600 won’t do the job.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil……“

Yup -- gun ownership does not require knowledge.....one of the big problems......

Knowledge and capability are two different things.

For example, knowledge of 500HP vehicles is one thing, the capability to drive one without crashing is something altogether different, yet anyone with $50K can drive one home today, no questions asked.

Such is the burden of FREEDOM!

For example, knowledge of 500HP vehicles is one thing, the capability to drive one without crashing is something altogether different, yet anyone with $50K can drive one home today, no questions asked.

Worse yet are 150/200HP motorcycles that any idgit can purchase.
0 to 60 in 2.35 seconds.
Top speeds approaching 200mph.

Has anyone survived firing the 700?
Jim
Two things reduce casualties.
Loads are not full elephant rated power.
The barrel is 12-14” (plus brake) and do not give max velocity.
I will not shoot it.

We are working on a cartridge using 12 gauge, 0.729”, copper jacketed slugs. The case is a highly modified 50 BMG cut to 2” long and then a bun of work.
A problem with the 700 is lightest bullets are 1000 grain plus and brass nearly impossible to find.

223 Remington for scale.

81637ECE-31A7-4468-A577-1DC1C2FECFFA.jpeg2B3A2C51-7890-4807-9509-2A809CDEF115.jpeg

Knowledge and capability are two different things.

Such is the burden of FREEDOM!

You are right - requires neither - I wonder if for John Q Public if it isn't too great a burden....don't need that much "freedom" if we're unwilling to invest in the basics requirements.
Balance [aka compromise] required.

Two things reduce casualties.
Loads are not full elephant rated power.
The barrel is 12-14” (plus brake) and do not give max velocity.
I will not shoot it.

We are working on a cartridge using 12 gauge, 0.729”, copper jacketed slugs. The case is a highly modified 50 BMG cut to 2” long and then a bun of work.
A problem with the 700 is lightest bullets are 1000 grain plus and brass nearly impossible to find.

223 Remington for scale.

View attachment 476060View attachment 476061
OK, that's about mega-super-cool. I can tell that the brass is gonna be tough. I'm guessing that each piece of brass needs significant lathe work. I'm a certified smith myself so I find these projects fascinating. These firearms could be in high demand should Kaiju begin walking the earth. You just need some really heroic gunslingers.

Jim

The biggest gun we had to rent was a Desert Eagle in .50 action express. People who had never fired a hand gun wanted to shoot it. The rental included 5 rounds and one of us instructors. Sometimes the patron would shoot it once and done. I had a business group that was shooting it. One guy was pretty good. The boss whips out a $100 bill and says if you can beat him I'll give you the money. One of the easier ways to make $100 bucks. I hit a nickel once at 15 yards with my .45. On about the 4th shot. The group I was with asked if I could shoot.

Finally got some descent .22 last week, been out for 3-4 months, only garbage in the stores that jam all the time.
Been lucky with the 9mm reloads, squeak by finding primers, getting low on powder (Bullseye) 200 rounds yesterday.
IMG_0973_Aguila22-500.jpg
IMG_0784_9mm-1200.jpg

How do you like that Silent Captured spring system?
I bought a single standard carbine weight one, which was then passed around like a bottle of Crown between my three DD rigs. Really dug it in my original V1 with the front sight post, super smooth! On the V9, it was bit snappier, which was surprising. Perhaps the V9 is a bit over-gassed? I hear DD's over-gassing is common. Irrelevant to this post, but I still prefer my original V1 in terms of fit, finish and overall smoothness. Likely part of being very broken in (>5K rounds).

The carbine weight JP SCS The spring now lives in my 300 BLK DD, because that JP spring plus sub sonic ammo is pure gold! I could shoot that all day (and then go broke in the process of launching subs downrange).

I have a heavy weight JP SCS on the way to be tested out on the other two 5.56 rigs, we shall see how that goes as well. :)

In short, I'm a fan of them.

Last edited:
I'm setting up a Rock River Rage pistol for a friend. 7" barrel with a brace. Bought a YHM short muzzle brake and blast can. I'm putting Meprolight night sights on it and a hand stop. We're also going to put a red dot on it. Just haven't decided which one. I'll sight it in and he will be a happy camper.

I could shoot that all day (and then go broke in the process of launching subs downrange).

Why I like Air Rifles -- can shoot all day without a sore shoulder and only a few cents a shot.
And I don't smell of burnt powder and no cleanup required.....
Nice, affordable day at the range.

Oh yea, the range is the backyard as the suppressor keeps it "mouse fart" quiet so I can shoot every day if I want.

Absolutely stunning inlay and engraving.

Jim
This dagger-pistol, remarkable for its delicately chiseled and engraved steel mounts, elegant wire inlay, gracefully modeled stock, and novel design in which the blade is concealed within the stock, counts among the finest Italian combination weapons of the late seventeenth century. It was made by Matteo Cecchi, called Acquafresca (1651–1738) ca. 1690, the most gifted member of the famed Acquafresca family of gunmakers.

More projects.
Stocks were roughed out and partly inletted by Lawson in Tucson.
The 2 red white blue will be a 375 Weatherby and a 270-08. Nice combination
The purple and yellow is getting a Remington 700 single shot action in 30 BR. Trying to keep it reasonably light.
I like the single shots for hunting as we are in and out of vehicles, unloading reloading and this way I don’t have to mess with the magazine. Just don’t miss.

EC7264AC-13D4-4C9F-A714-6B7330646154.jpeg

Back