GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching youtube while folding laundry, the Taofledermaus crew did a comparison of the FK BRNO 7.5mm vs 9mm

Looks like a hard hitter. Anyone have firsthand experience with it?

Sounds like a 30 Mauser/7.63 Tokarev reborn in a modern case and firearm, and "magnumized".

Well, there's no telling what the FINAL memo is going to look like. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 2 week comment period is ONLY to see what holes people poke in the draft......holes that the final issuance will plug quite thoroughly.

No matter what you do, it's going to be a debacle. IF they decide to give away free stamps, you're going to see a LOT of folks take advantage of that.........along with the wait times. The ONLY reason that efile Form 1 is 'quick' is because there's no paperwork OTHER than the fingerprint cards. EVERYTHING ELSE is done in the digital world, most of that automated. Used to be about 21-ish days first email to final approval in hand. Throw 20K+ applications at the system, and you're looking at that turning into 12 months+, just like a Form 4 transfer.

Seriously, you need to believe that they will drag their feet on it awaiting Joe to come in and do as promised and simply outlaw them by executive order and thereby invalidate the 'free' tax stamp.......so that their workload drops off by 20K+ applications instantly and you can then pay your $200 to keep your gun, or modify it to a rifle, or be an outlaw.

Anyone who didn't see this coming FOR YEARS has had their head in the sand.

Do you have link?

Google is your friend. Pick your favorite source for the print version.

Further, since it's in a very stupid dialect of government mumbo jumbo double speak colloquially referred to as "ATF language", any of the various YouTube interpretations of the wording are also of value. I watched about a dozen yesterday, from lawyers to SOTs to industry leaders.......and they were all pretty much in alignment on interpretation.

Since folks are so polarized about said folks, I would simply suggest that you pick your favorite mainstream source and watch their video.

I needed to get the BUIS sighted in on this one. Magpul Pro's are a fantastic BUIS option, albeit it a little spendy.

Resized_20201230_114646_4001.jpegResized_20201230_125059_4167.jpeg

George and Doug with AR.jpg
During my Christmas Vacation, my brother and I went to the gun store to buy some gun cleaner. We didn't get any Gun cleaner, but he did buy a new friend, and he felt like I needed a friend too.

I just went to Cabela’s needing shotgun shells.
The only gauge they have is 28.
28 is what I was looking for.
Score!

Someone loves me. I think I posted that I had a problem with spit primers back in August. The ammunition was Blazer 9mm aluminum. I contacted CCI and they had UPS come and collect the 800 rounds I hadn’t shot (of 1000).
Three weeks ago I still hadn’t received the replacement. I have lots more so I was okay but I was just making sure I hadn’t missed doing something.
Their rep told me that they are so busy making brass ammunition that they haven’t been able to make any aluminum.
So instead he sent me the replacement ammunition in brass AND he topped it off so Christmas Eve I received a full 1000 rd case of brass BlazerAmmo in 9mm.

Someone loves me. I think I posted that I had a problem with spit primers back in August. The ammunition was Blazer 9mm aluminum. I contacted CCI and they had UPS come and collect the 800 rounds I hadn’t shot (of 1000).
Three weeks ago I still hadn’t received the replacement. I have lots more so I was okay but I was just making sure I hadn’t missed doing something.
Their rep told me that they are so busy making brass ammunition that they haven’t been able to make any aluminum.
So instead he sent me the replacement ammunition in brass AND he topped it off so Christmas Eve I received a full 1000 rd case of brass BlazerAmmo in 9mm.
Wow, that's quite the Christmas present! I bet the UPS guy wasn't too happy though. It is completely ridiculous how scarce and pricy ammo has become. One of my hunting buddies went out and bought a 9mm carry pistol and then could not understand why there was no ammo anywhere. I had to send him some just so he could get comfortable with it. This past spring Natchez Shooters Supplies had .45 Blaser Aluminum on sale for $230 a case. I stocked up but I wish I had bought a whole pallet. Someday things will return back to a semblance of normal, hard to know when though.

Tony

Say whaaaaa?
Never could get a .22LR to go through a quarter, however many times I shot the dang things.
Taped several coins on a box. The rounds would blast them through the cardboard. When hit in the center they would leave a hole in the coin like this one. Was using CCI MiniMags and 25 round magazines. For a $100 gun the Marlin is amazingly accurate and reliable.

Local sporting good store ammo score of the week:
(3) 20 round boxes of brass 5.56, $10.99 per box, limit 3
(2) 50 round boxes of good quality .22 LR, $5.99 per box, limit 3 (they only had two boxes)
(1) 100 round box of brass 9mm, $31.99 for the single box on the shelf they had

$81.17 out the door for all of the above. Not great, but seeing more available locally.... slowly...

Back