GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahh. Okay. Yeah autos are scarier and deadlier than revolvers; I forget that. That's why when folks go trekking through bear country they take a poly-frame 9mm.

It's stupid how certain features and attachments make a gun an assault weapon. I built a 10/22 for the sole purpose of shooting armadillos at night in my yard that would be an assault weapon in Cali. It looks really scary too!!

I've been to Cali once. L.A. actually. Don't care if I ever go back. I know that was a small sample and a horrible one at that. But the laws are getting way too silly and I just don't care to spend money in a communist state such as it is now. Sad because Cali has a good deal to offer vacation wise, and I didn't even see the Pacific while I was there. Guess I will have to go to Oregon for that now.

I hate the term "Assault Weapon" or Assault Rifle (AR). Its ArmaLite Rifle. I live in WI. Many deer rifles are semi-auto. Although you wouldnt normal fire several rounds at a deer. But, its by most lose terms an AR. If I take a baseball bat and smash your brains out doesnt that make it an assault bat?

Common sense isnt very common. Otherwise it wouldnt be common sense. Dah!

I hate the term "Assault Weapon" or Assault Rifle (AR). Its ArmaLite Rifle. I live in WI. Many deer rifles are semi-auto. Although you wouldnt normal fire several rounds at a deer. But, its by most lose terms an AR. If I take a baseball bat and smash your brains out doesnt that make it an assault bat?

Yeah the AR-15s very name is it's worse enemy. They are sporting rifles more than anything.

No bang, no smoke, no fun.
Hey, but shooting in your backyard - PRICELESS!

I can get 100 yards in my front yard, more if I back up to a corner but then I'd be shooting past the house. Shouldn't be too long and I'll be able to open up a lane to stretch it out to 300+.
Twigs here I cone with my 1911.

Rock County Rifle and Pistol indoor range is open. But, need to be with a member. Every other lane is closed. Has sanitizer and lead soap. Actually, Im not sure if I can take a non-member cause of covid. Ill look. https://www.rcrpc.com/

Im a member. Anybody want to go?

Assault weapon is just a translation of the German noun Sturmgewehr which was arguably the first true assault weapon. Gun owners (or marketing pukes) created the name “assault rifle“ in the 70’s to describe semiautomatic rifles derived from assault weapons. It was a new market and they wanted to cash in. For a long time it was a small market, but when it took off the new name became controversial. But we have only ourselves to blame.

Nice SIG MPX K(?)
It’s actually the Copperhead K, which is a special black Copperhead with the threaded barrel from the K (the regular Copperhead barrel is only 3.5 inches and has an integral flash hider - this one is 4.5 inches). Monolithic upper and build in wire stock/brace socket in addition to the picatinny rail at the aft end. It also has a Timney trigger. I’ve read a couple places that it’s a limited edition. It doesn’t appear on the Sig site.

9mm? Im not familiar with that. Description please. THX
Yes, 9 mm but from a locked breech so it doesn’t need a heavy bolt like a blowback model would. Makes for a very soft shooting firearm.
However, (and I don’t have this, and I have no plans to get it) for those who want something with some oomph, B&T now has a 10 mm APC10.
624F0904-6CB5-43DE-9FD3-A2149CA565BA.jpeg

I mos
how often do you shoot it? can it be hip bumped?
i mostly just buy guns :mad:. I have guns I bought years ago that I’ve never fired. I used to shoot a lot, but life has a way of intervening.
Tim on the Military Arms Channel has bump fired it. I have never tried that with any firearm. I’ve looked into buying a few select fire firearms over the years, but never felt the need. I wish I had them simply as investments now.

Last edited:
Mostly "buy". Common you gotta shoot some. Having fired them you can tell whomever you inherit them too will have a story. Wouldnt it be sad to say - here you go, ive never shot these".

But Im not you. So do what makes you feel comfortable.

Mostly "buy". Common you gotta shoot some. Having fired them you can tell whomever you inherit them too will have a story. Wouldnt it be sad to say - here you go, ive never shot these".

But Im not you. So do what makes you feel comfortable.
I agree. I want to go out and shoot; I just haven’t found (or made) the time in the last few years. Every gun I buy is because I want to shoot it. I keep promising myself I will.

Anybody that grew up in the "James Bond" era, must have a Walther PPK (or now /S for safety, stupid but it is what it is). I think his was a weird caliber. I got .22lr because ammo is cheap. Trade off is, the Walther does not like dirty. After only about 100 rounds its so gunked up that it will stove pipe about 1 out of 5. Maybe I should buy better ammo. Better ammo kinda defeats my reasoning for haveing .22lr cheap ammo. Oh well.

And dont even go there with the Beretta.

Attachments

• walther.jpg
    walther.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 11
Back