GUNS & ROCKETS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 319093

Picked this one up the other day from one of my clients.

Sweet. A local shop had a Range Officer, target sights, in 9mm. I hesitated and when I went back a few days later it was gone.

There's a great promotion going on where Springfield sends you four magazines, a holster, and mag carrier if you buy before May 31.

Kicking myself for failing to buy the 9 on the spot.

Picked this one up the other day from one of my clients.
Whoa, that's a nice looking 1911. The Trophy Match is a really great combo of features I like - wider serrations, target sights, nice mag well, and decent front strap checkering. Not a big fan of stainless but I'd take that one any day. Well done.

Tony

Yup. Think I need one of those.

Reminiscent of the "Auto-Burglar" except not subject to the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Just don't try buying or bringing one into Calizuela.

Yup. Think I need one of those.

Reminiscent of the "Auto-Burglar" except not subject to the National Firearms Act of 1934.

Just don't try buying or bringing one into Calizuela.
That turned me on to the Mossberg 590 equivalent, with an insert from OpSol and the Aguila minishells. 9 fun pops oughta take care of those pesky milk jugs.

Participated in an indoor combat shoot, scored on USPSA/IPSC type targets one evening this week. Two stages, roughly 15 targets each. Lots of fun, even indoor on a hot day. :)

Here is a prior video from one of the guys in my assigned squad:
[video=youtube;NF3f-kXFiUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NF3f-kXFiUo[/video]

"Guns and rockets" brings to mind one day way back when where being in a bit of a silly mood my brother and I imagined a brainstorming session before that one band settled on the name Guns and Roses: "How about Panzers and petunias? Missiles and Marigolds? Bombs and Begonias? Battleships and baby's breath? Rockets and raspberries? Cannons and clover? Nukes and nasturtiums?"

"Guns and rockets" brings to mind one day way back when where being in a bit of a silly mood my brother and I imagined a brainstorming session before that one band settled on the name Guns and Roses: "How about Panzers and petunias? Missiles and Marigolds? Bombs and Begonias? Battleships and baby's breath? Rockets and raspberries? Cannons and clover? Nukes and nasturtiums?"

When "STONE TEMPLE PILOTS" CAME ABOUT, I called them "Marble Cathedral Aviators" & of course "Daffodils & Nuclear Devices". One time during a ice storm (electric was out) we played a game where one person would give an alternate name & the other had to guess it. IE: Metal Virgin= Iron Maiden.

I was checking Emails this morning and read "THIS".
Stevens is more or less the Canadian version of Savage.
I've owned several Savage firearms in the past, all were before they sold out a couple decades ago.
I currently own a Blued Savage .22 Mag bolt action with a gray synthetic stock and I love it. 3x9 40mm scope keeps a 5 shot clip in a quarter size circle at 100 yards.
I currently own Mossberg shotguns in 12 & 20ga with wood stocks, both are pump.
But I would like to add this new Stevens (Especially for the price!) to the arsenal.
Worth a few minutes of your to read.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own.
Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil,
and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

--Jeff Cooper

Teddy

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own.
Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes,
but there are more good men than evil,
and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda,
they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

--Jeff Cooper

Teddy

The colonel was a wise man.

I'm trying to find a reason to buy this guy
3070618500000578-0-image-a-77_1453407823308.jpg

FWIW - The only Chiappa firearm I've got is the Rhino and I'll have to say I was fairly disappointed in the quality, "feel" and the way it shot. Everything seemed either lower quality (than I'm used to), loose or not made that well. I've heard some pronounce the brand "Cheap-ah". ;)

This past winter I got into custom 10/22 building (always wanted to and had a book I purchased on it from years ago), so I built one I called "Hot Stuff". Almost everything but the receiver was custom and it shot extremely well!

2017-01-30%2021.40.17.jpg

2017-01-30%2021.40.41.jpg

2017-01-30%2021.41.08.jpg

2017-01-30%2021.41.31.jpg

Early 5-shot 25yd indoor groups (ammo testing and barrel break-in):

2017-02-07%2021.58.19.jpg

2017-02-07%2021.58.28.jpg

This past winter I got into custom 10/22 building (always wanted to and had a book I purchased on it from years ago), so I built one I called "Hot Stuff". Almost everything but the receiver was custom and it shot extremely well!

2017-01-30%2021.40.17.jpg

2017-01-30%2021.40.41.jpg

2017-01-30%2021.41.08.jpg

2017-01-30%2021.41.31.jpg

Early 5-shot 25yd indoor groups (ammo testing and barrel break-in):

2017-02-07%2021.58.19.jpg

2017-02-07%2021.58.28.jpg

Nice!! I like Ruger and the 10/22 is a great rifle. I have one "tacticooled" ( a term I hate BTW). I built it for armadillo control in my yard. I put an Archangel stock on it to have rails for a light and laser; and was gonna do the barrel and trigger. But got to doing other things, namely rockets, and left it like it is. The Archangel stock is about 5 cents south of absolute junk. And the gun ended up being heavy than I anticipated. Rockets take most of my toy budget now though.

Looks awesome! A 10/22 is always a solid choice. :)

Nice!! I like Ruger and the 10/22 is a great rifle. I have one "tacticooled" ( a term I hate BTW). I built it for armadillo control in my yard. I put an Archangel stock on it to have rails for a light and laser; and was gonna do the barrel and trigger. But got to doing other things, namely rockets, and left it like it is. The Archangel stock is about 5 cents south of absolute junk. And the gun ended up being heavy than I anticipated. Rockets take most of my toy budget now though.

Looks awesome! A 10/22 is always a solid choice. :)

Thanks guys! Yeah, the 10/22 is just great and everyone here should at least try one once...especially when you can get one for about a buck-fiddy. In fact, the custom one above was the second 10/22 I purchased...the first one I decided to try out before modding and it ended up being such an incredible shooter that I didn't dare modify such an accurate rifle. In fact, it can do single hole 5-shot groups at 75' with bulk ammo...limiting factor is the nut behind the trigger :wink:.

**** said:
...All guns are always loaded...

You know, that saying always bothered me. I can understand saying "Always assume a gun is loaded", but that above statement is just not true and it's like saying "All rockets CATO". Do they? No, but we should always assume there is a chance of it happening. My :2:

There...managed to get some rocketry stuff in on the gun conversation. ;)

Yeah. That one and "unloaded guns kill". No they don't, unless you bash someone in the head with it, just like a paper weight.

Thanks guys! Yeah, the 10/22 is just great and everyone here should at least try one once...especially when you can get one for about a buck-fiddy. In fact, the custom one above was the second 10/22 I purchased...the first one I decided to try out before modding and it ended up being such an incredible shooter that I didn't dare modify such an accurate rifle. In fact, it can do single hole 5-shot groups at 75' with bulk ammo...limiting factor is the nut behind the trigger :wink:.

10/22s are addicting. I have four and each it setup for specific purposes. One is the backpacking takedown model for easy trips. One stainless & wood target model for plinking. One is wood with Tech Sights for iron sight training/marksmanship classes. And the last is going to be the competition gun with a red dot for steel matches. I put a Volquarsten hammer in two of them and will be rounding out the other two as well, takes the stock trigger pull down from ~8lb to about 2.5lbs. I love taking first timers out with these and watching them dump a 25rd mag as quickly as they can on steel plates. The smiles are oh so delightful!

Don't know how I haven't seen this thread before now!

Two of my three main hobbies! Guns and rockets! I think that many on here are in the same boat I am: My wife dreads it whenever a I come home from the local gun store or get new rocket parts in the mail!

For me, when it comes to firearms, my main area of interest is Eastern Bloc firearms. I have a small but growing collection that consists of 2 Mosin Nagant M91/30s from the 1920's (One Tula and one Izhevsk, both hex receivers), a Tula SKS from 1954, a Yugo M59/66A1 SKS, and a Bulgarian Makarov, with another Soviet Mak on the way. Add to those the Romanian and Yugo AK parts kits that I have stashed away.

Anyone else have an interest in Eastern Bloc weaponry?

Back