Guinness speed record for model rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRFfan

Reaction score
The Guinness world record has a record for the top speed of a model aircraft, so why isn’t there one for rockets? Could anyone do it?

Top speed for a Model Rocket is actually a fairly interesting design challenge.
Yea, it probably could be done with a N5800 (which techniclly is a HPR motor so maybe a G150 would be fine for a "model" rocket record).

Last edited:
Yea, it probably could be done with a N5800 (which techniclly is a HPR motor so maybe a G150 would be fine for a "model" rocket record).

The word Model here has a particular meaning to which neither of those motors conform.

TRA should add a class of speed records; anybody know how to seriously propose same?

The word Model here has a particular meaning to which neither of those motors conform.

TRA should add a class of speed records; anybody know how to seriously propose same?

You would need to propose it to the the TRA Competition Committee. I would recommend that you propose this, but also propose a method for measuring velocity. Remember- barometric is out- accelerometers are probably the ticket.

You would need to propose it to the the TRA Competition Committee. I would recommend that you propose this, but also propose a method for measuring velocity. Remember- barometric is out- accelerometers are probably the ticket.

An excuse to buy and borrow altimeters, you say?

With the lack of interest in the current records I can see this being another dead end.

M
I set two TRA records last year.

Back