Guiness Book records for mid power rocketry?

midpower_madness

Reaction score
Thats altitude. How about speed record? This is through TRA... how about Guinness Book? Do they not have a section on rocketry records?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
An interesting question. Perhaps Guinness is unaware of our hobby, although I seriously doubt it. Might be worth a call to them.

Rex R

LV2
Reaction score
meeting their verification standards might be an issue.
Rex

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
An interesting question. Perhaps Guinness is unaware of our hobby, although I seriously doubt it. Might be worth a call to them.

They are most aware.
There was a group of Guinness "verifier's at Thunder Down Under [Australia] to witness & enter into the books, the largest amateur scale rocket ever built & flown. The full scale V-2.

Rocket was flown from exact same site where a few years before, record was set for most wheat planted in 24hrs.....2800acres! I heard them discussing it.

midpower_madness

Reaction score
I wonder what would be required to meet those standards? What might be the issue? I mean - if Jolly Logic sensors are used to verify results like speed and altitude - and it's good enough for NAR/TRA/CAR-ACF ---- then what? GPS?
But seriously - It would great to get Guinness Book to find out the fastest flying model rocket under 160 N.s or G class rocket motor would allow a broader range of people to get involved in the hobby.