Guillotine Fin Jig Plans

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome.

Pictures of rockets and launches are encouraged.

Thank you. I'm glad to be here. I am literally just getting started so no pics yet. I need the fin alignment jig for the 3rd rocket I plan to build but I could use it for my current build too. Not counting the grandkids Estes rockets, build #1 is a LOC Graduator. I started building it today. #2 is a LOC IV which is what I hope to get my L1 certification with, assuming the Graduator "graduates" properly. #3 is a scratch build of undetermined size and type. It kind of depends on whether I get an L1 cert. or not.

You might be able to tell, I tend to plan ahead (and study and study) when I do something new. I used to build and fly RC aircraft, kits and one ducted fan F4 Phantom scratch build that met its demise when a tree fell on the storage building it was in before I ever had a chance to crash it, I mean fly it. There are some similarities in the build process (fiberglass, epoxy, CA glue, etc) but rockets don't have any guidance other than the build quality :oops:

This all started simply enough... When my kids were little I built and they flew a few Estes rockets. My grandkids are now in the right age range to enjoy Estes rockets (some of them, some are still too young but they'll enjoy watching them fly). So, I looked on YouTube and did some Google searching for Estes rockets, found them, and ordered a couple. Yeah... it didn't stop there. The next thing I knew I was signed up for NAR and Tripoli (still waiting on the Tripoli paperwork), found a local club (to my surprise), and discovered HPR. I had no idea that HPR even existed. Actually, I guess I did but it didn't click. Back when I watched TV I saw a series about Large Dangerous Rocket Ships but didn't have any idea that was possible for the non-rocket scientist That's actually probably true. Invariably you be a "rocket scientist" at some level to fly the bigger rockets.

If nothing else this ought to be interesting :)

Last edited:
The LDRS shows on the Discovery Channel were probably the best thing to ever happen to amateur rocketry...depending on who you ask. That’s how I became a Born Again Rocketeer....well that and discovering my daughter’s Estes launch kit in the trunk of my car.

If you have any questions or need some advice, this place is great for providing answers and advice whether you asked for it or not. :)

Back