Guess what it is

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DM1975

Upscalien
Reaction score
So what do you see when you look at this picture? (Other than the dirty carpet :eek: ) Some would see a cot, I see rocket stuff :D Anyone care to guess what it is?

IMG_1283.jpg

So what do you see when you look at this picture? (Other than the dirty carpet :eek: ) Some would see a cot, I see rocket stuff :D Anyone care to guess what it is?

Something that will pinch your finger rather badly when you try to deploy the item.

A portable radar dish?

A collapsible field stretcher? A cliff face sleep platform?

MarkII

I spent 14 years sleeping on these things. I had this one downstairs and when I walked by it today I saw this... See it yet?

IMG_1285.jpg

So it's some kind of post-modern sculpture? :confused2:

But wait - no fair! You have to work the canvas into your construction, too.

MarkII

Here it is set up. I added a drill chuck on the side for rods and have an L bracket on the rail for a blast deflector, which I will add hopefully tomorrow.

IMG_1297.jpg

Here it is set up. I added a drill chuck on the side for rods and have an L bracket on the rail for a blast deflector, which I will add hopefully tomorrow.
Very nice. Now it's actually good for something. :D Base width? Length of rail? Estimated weight capacity?

MarkII

MarkII, I have not measured any of it out yet, I just threw it together last night on a whim, but I am 6'02" and it is just taller than me set up. As to weight capacity, not sure either, but I am sure it will handle most anything I throw at it. It may not be good for a serious L3 rocket or anything super big, but I think it is pretty diverse otherwise.

Oh, it's a cot that you recycled/repurposed into a launch pad. At first I thought you were going to express some sad childhood trauma through some bizarre art project.

Oh, it's a cot that you recycled/repurposed into a launch pad. At first I thought you were going to express some sad childhood trauma through some bizarre art project.

Well, maybe someone might find the info useful. Maybe not necessarily you, but someone. :rolleyes:

Well, maybe someone might find the info useful. Maybe not necessarily you, but someone. :rolleyes:

I just meant that I didn't understand what you were hinting at originally. Now I get it.

I am an artist myself, and I dread explanations of childhood woe as a impetus for "art".

I just meant that I didn't understand what you were hinting at originally. Now I get it.

I am an artist myself, and I dread explanations of childhood woe as a impetus for "art".

Just giving it back, no hard feelings :)

wow and i've been sleeping on that for 4 years all this time?? Brings me back memories :)

wow and i've been sleeping on that for 4 years all this time?? Brings me back memories :)

I did it for 14... ILet me tell you, it was a PLEASURE to tear that thing apart :cool:

Finally, I can get those end pieces to go on right :D

I did it for 14... ILet me tell you, it was a PLEASURE to tear that thing apart :cool:

Finally, I can get those end pieces to go on right :D

:eek: omg dude, I know what you mean with those end pieces. I could never get them on properly. :bangbang:

BTW, you can build two pads out of one cot. One just a bit bigger than the one I showed here.

Back