GSSS Launch in NJ Sat. 3/20

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennW

Reaction score
Looks like spring is here, the early view of Saturday's weather looks great, so come on down to our monthly low/mid power launch at North Branch Park in Bridgewater, 10am-3pm. Further info https://www.robnee.com/gsss

Glenn

Hey Glenn!

Hope the launch went well.

We haven't been to a GSSS launch recently as the girls and I make the monthly MDRA launches in MD, however we might come by for a summer launch or two at Turkey Brook this year.

The launch went great, thanks! We didn't get there til about noon as my son had track practice first, but in 2 hours we managed to launch 8 rockets getting them all back with the worst damage being a cracked fin joint, so in other words a great success! Lets see, we launched a Mosquito, Bullpup, Big Daddy, Wizard, No.2 Skywriter, Lucky 7, and a drag race between my son & daughter's newly built Alphas. These my kids got at a previous launch from the guy who ran the short lived Estes forum a couple of years ago. Finally built them last fall and did one in the current paint scheme and one in the original scheme from the 60's. As simple as they are, I must say they are great little flyers!

One interesting side note- Arnie who runs our launches said he was concerned the launch might not happen because with all the rain we had, the river next to the park overflowed and our entire launch field was under about 3 feet of water when he was down there the previous week. But the sun dried almost all of it out and we had an awesome day for launching. A little windy but for March we cannot complain!

Haven't been out to launch at Turkey Brook yet but some of our club members have held "unofficial" launches there. Would love to get out there too some time and hopefully will but the kids' weekend schedules make it tough sometimes!

Glenn

Back