Group Therapy: 19.5' Tall, 11.5" Diameter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DAllen

Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen I am announcing the launch of "Group Therapy" at Three Oaks, MI sometime on November 15th. We are currently still working on the bird updating various things and making her flight ready. Things are coming together nicely and it ought to be ready to go by the 14th. Here are the details:

Motors: CTI N2500 and 3x Loki L1400
Weight: Just under 200 lbs
Projected Altitude: 7000 AGL

Just thought some of you would like to know since there are some TRF'ers that come to Three Oaks. See attached for some eye candy.

grouptherapy_020b.jpg

grouptherapy_023b.jpg

The fin can is white because we decided to do some reinforcement and build-up so it is primered and I think they are painting it as I am typing this. If you are in the area, I suggest stopping by to watch.

-DAllen

Well, It looks like the "Group Therapy" is working!:D;)

Hopefully graduation day will be just as successfull! :)

Just for the record, those pictures are a small sampling of the people that have had their hand in this project. There are a bunch more people not in those pictures that have had a significant role in this effort.

-DAllen

That's fairly sizeable :D

Should be an impressive flight.

Maybe you should try an upscale next! :rotflol:

Can't wait to read the flight report and see pictures/video of the launch! :D

Well, It looks like the "Group Therapy" is working!:D;)

Hopefully graduation day will be just as successfull! :)

In a way I kind of hope graduation doesn't come anytime soon. The "therapy" doesn't seem to be taking hold. Our "therapist" Dave from Red Arrow Hobbies I think is more of an enabler than anything else. He keeps showing up to these "sessions" with beer. I think we need more "sessions."

Maybe you should try an upscale next! :rotflol:

Can't wait to read the flight report and see pictures/video of the launch! :D

If you can come up with the central P and the three outboard N's and a place to launch for a 2x upscale we'll happily build it. We could use some more "sessions" (see above regarding "sessions").

-DAllen

After some online discussion with other members it looks like IF Group Therapy is launched it will be on Sunday and not today (11/15). The winds are just too strong at this point.

-DAllen

Edit: If we don't fly it this weekend we will be in dire need of a lot more sessions.

Welp...The decision has been made. Group Therapy isn't going to fly this weekend. :cry: The weather is waaaaay too uncooperative. Maybe next spring. I see many "sessions" in the future as a result.

-DAllen

Welp...The decision has been made. Group Therapy isn't going to fly this weekend. :cry: The weather is waaaaay too uncooperative. Maybe next spring. I see many "sessions" in the future as a result.

-DAllen

Why next spring?

Ben

Why next spring?

Ben

What NxJ said. Plus a lot of people donated to the project who are from a long way away and only come over here for the fall and spring launches. Not only that but we want to fly it with a lot of people present. Our winter launches in Three Oaks are not always that well attended.

-DAllen

Well if your going to do it at the spring launch then i'll be out there for that one.

Looks pretty awesome!

Back