Greetings from the Heartland

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VictorBarlow

Reaction score
Hello. My name is Victor Barlow. I am a member of both NAR and TRA, Level 3, TRA TAP & NAR L3CC. Founding member of Indiana Rocketry, Inc. (TRA Tripoli Indiana, NAR Indiana Rocket Society) and current Secretary/Treasurer. I work at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN as a professor in Computer & Information Technology for the past 39 years. I have served as a mentor to the university's NASA Student Launch Initiative (SLI) team for a number of years.

Hello and welcome! Pics of the fleet! I'm well behind you, as I'm still flying mostly Estes at this point, but I'm working my way to 29mm and an L1 sometime next year, although I have to say that looking at the money you need to invest in the big boy toys, I might be happier staying inside the F range of impulse. But I do like the big stuff, as I can still see it even when it's 1000 feet up, as opposed to tiny rockets that just seem to disappear off the pad and never come back. But I'm a fan of low and slow, until I can get radio or GPS tracking into my birds.

Welcome to the party VictorBarlow! Your arrival on the forum raises our collective rocketry IQ by at least 10x I reckon. And you can add "proud TRFer" to your cv. :)

Hello. My name is Victor Barlow. I am a member of both NAR and TRA, Level 3, TRA TAP & NAR L3CC. Founding member of Indiana Rocketry, Inc. (TRA Tripoli Indiana, NAR Indiana Rocket Society) and current Secretary/Treasurer. I work at Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN as a professor in Computer & Information Technology for the past 39 years. I have served as a mentor to the university's NASA Student Launch Initiative (SLI) team for a number of years.

Hi Vic! Good to see you on the forum. You probably don't remember me, but we met at Purdue when I was a freshman in 2005, and you helped me out quite a bit getting started in high power. Last time I saw you was at Midwest Power 10 in 2012, right before I moved to California. Good to see you again.

Capture.JPG

Welcome! I, too, met you at a launch a couple of years ago at the TAB site. Is your club looking to replace the sod farm field? I sent Curtis some possible sites around Lafayette.

Welcome! I, too, met you at a launch a couple of years ago at the TAB site. Is your club looking to replace the sod farm field? I sent Curtis some possible sites around Lafayette.
We are looking for a replacement site for the sod farm. Right now flying only non-growing season at Pence HP field.

Hi Vic! Good to see you on the forum. You probably don't remember me, but we met at Purdue when I was a freshman in 2005, and you helped me out quite a bit getting started in high power. Last time I saw you was at Midwest Power 10 in 2012, right before I moved to California. Good to see you again.
BOILER UP !!!

Back