Greetings from SE Michigan

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raythain

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Getting back into the hobby after about 20 years. My kids kept asking to see videos of their grandpa's launches, so I thought I'd build a couple we could fly in the back yard.

Now I've fallen down the rabbit hole, and I don't know if there's a bottom :)

Starting back in flying 13 and 18mm LPR rockets, hope to work my way up to bigger birds eventually.

Getting back into the hobby after about 20 years. My kids kept asking to see videos of their grandpa's launches, so I thought I'd build a couple we could fly in the back yard.

Starting back in flying 13 and 18mm LPR rockets, hope to work my way up to bigger birds eventually.
Very cool! Have you got any kits picked out or built yet?

Have you got any kits picked out or built yet?
Did a big push and launched in the back yard over Labor Day, and made one JMRC launch last month.

Current fleet are all Estes kits: Hi-Flier, Checkmate, Indicator, Tazz, Alpha III, and Mini Honest John. They pretty much ate every spare second I had for a couple of months, so I've slowed down on the build rate.
Everything has at least one flight (and I had to rescue the Indicator from a tree already), and I'm hoping to get both stages on the Checkmate flown this weekend, if the weather holds.

Build pile is an Estes Night Wing and an Apogee Apprentice that I've scored from eBay. I'm eyeing a parts list to clone an Estes ARV Condor since I haven't found the one hiding in my parent's attic,

Did a big push and launched in the back yard over Labor Day, and made one JMRC launch last month.

Current fleet are all Estes kits: Hi-Flier, Checkmate, Indicator, Tazz, Alpha III, and Mini Honest John. They pretty much ate every spare second I had for a couple of months, so I've slowed down on the build rate.
Everything has at least one flight (and I had to rescue the Indicator from a tree already), and I'm hoping to get both stages on the Checkmate flown this weekend, if the weather holds.

Build pile is an Estes Night Wing and an Apogee Apprentice that I've scored from eBay. I'm eyeing a parts list to clone an Estes ARV Condor since I haven't found the one hiding in my parent's attic,
Good collection!

If I had a recommendation it’d be something like the Apogee Slo-mo, something heavy-draggy you could load up with an 18mm D and not break 600.

Welcome to the Forum from Southern Nevada. I'm originally from Pinckney Michigan. It is about an hour from Ann Arbor. Ever hear of it? But after 31 years here I consider myself a Nevadan now.

Welcome back!

There’s a nice Tripoli club that launches in Clio and Birch Run.
Check out Michigan Team-1. https://www.team1.org/dashboard

A lot of the members are from the SE Michigan area. You’ll have to come check out a launch when spring rolls around.

There’s something for everyone one with plenty of low, mid, and high power launches.

Welcome to the Forum from Southern Nevada. I'm originally from Pinckney Michigan. It is about an hour from Ann Arbor. Ever hear of it?
Actually had a coworker at a previous job in A2 who lived in Pinckney. Little more of a drive than I'd want for a commute.

There’s a nice Tripoli club that launches in Clio and Birch Run.
Check out Michigan Team-1. https://www.team1.org/dashboard
I'm sure I'll make it up there before too long, but I'm around 90 minutes away. That's a bit of a hard sell for the wife right now. That said, I'd love to say I've flown over a mile high, so that 12k waiver looks tempting...

Welcome to the Rocketry Forum, and saying Hi from Alabama!
I'd wave back, but I went outside today and my arms are still frozen 🥶

Back