Greetings from Dave Sorochty in Alexandria, VA

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave S.

TRF Supporter
Reaction score

I used to be into model rocketry in the early-mid 1970's. Back then I built a bunch of Estes rockets and one Centuri. I went to Battle Park a couple times and an MDRA launch in the mid 1990's, but never really got back into it.

Last Christmas my nephew said he wanted a model rocket. Of course he wanted the one with an HD camera on it! So I got him an Astrocam and a starter set and we did a couple launches. We have gone to a few MDRA launches on MDs Eastern Shore including Red Glare 2022.

I have built a couple NCR Hobgoblins and launched one on an F and a G motor! Lots of fun for sure! I have a Mega Der Red Max clone kit I still need to build, and I think I can get my Level 1 with that.

1970's
Estes K-25 Alpha (multiple)
Estes K-56 1256 Alpha III (multiple)
Estes 1265 Scissor Wing Transport
Estes 1286 Scamp
Estes K-01 Scout
Estes K-08 Sky Hook
Estes K-10 Astron Cobra
Estes K-24 Gyroc
Estes K-36 Saturn V
Estes K-42 Orbital Transport
Estes K-43 Mars Lander
Estes KC-4 Citation Starship Vega
Estes TK-45 mini-brute Beta
Centuri Evel Knievel Sky Cycle

2020s
Estes Super Shot starter set
Estes Astrocam
Estes Goblin (x3)
NCR Hobgoblin (x2)

Welcome! Your nephew is gonna have a life-time love of rockets!! :)

Those are some great models you've built. Lots of fun things to do in model rocketry! Many electronics are getting pretty cheap.

Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Welcome back! We love pictures, if you’ve got them.

That Goblin is one of my favorite designs, it’s a real hot rod!

I used to be into model rocketry in the early-mid 1970's. Back then I built a bunch of Estes rockets and one Centuri. I went to Battle Park a couple times and an MDRA launch in the mid 1990's, but never really got back into it.

Last Christmas my nephew said he wanted a model rocket. Of course he wanted the one with an HD camera on it! So I got him an Astrocam and a starter set and we did a couple launches. We have gone to a few MDRA launches on MDs Eastern Shore including Red Glare 2022.

I have built a couple NCR Hobgoblins and launched one on an F and a G motor! Lots of fun for sure! I have a Mega Der Red Max clone kit I still need to build, and I think I can get my Level 1 with that.

1970's
Estes K-25 Alpha (multiple)
Estes K-56 1256 Alpha III (multiple)
Estes 1265 Scissor Wing Transport
Estes 1286 Scamp
Estes K-01 Scout
Estes K-08 Sky Hook
Estes K-10 Astron Cobra
Estes K-24 Gyroc
Estes K-36 Saturn V
Estes K-42 Orbital Transport
Estes K-43 Mars Lander
Estes KC-4 Citation Starship Vega
Estes TK-45 mini-brute Beta
Centuri Evel Knievel Sky Cycle

2020s
Estes Super Shot starter set
Estes Astrocam
Estes Goblin (x3)
NCR Hobgoblin (x2)
Hey, up here in Owings Mills. Back into it also since the early 70's. I too have been to the Eastern shore launches.....maybe 10 years ago. Since now back into it look forward to going.....do you know when?

Hi and welcome, although I have seen many posts from you. I get to you area now and then. If you see a big red truck at a launch, come and say hi")

Back