Green MWP rocket.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoAP

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I saw a rocket at MWP last year and I’m trying to find out what it was. I never got the chance with the weather being what it was to talk to the owner. I thought maybe someone here can identify it by a description.

It was probably 5 or 6 inches in diameter. It was a bright green if I remeber correctly. Not sure of the length. Here is the most identifying part, it had arcing leading edges on the fins. Like the Madcow stinger.

A long shot for sure but heck you never know.

This probably doesn't help at all, but this rocket looks bright green/yellow-ish?

[video=youtube;coE85q5aQ3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coE85q5aQ3U[/video]

Hey everyone,

I saw a rocket at MWP last year and I’m trying to find out what it was. I never got the chance with the weather being what it was to talk to the owner. I thought maybe someone here can identify it by a description.

It was probably 5 or 6 inches in diameter. It was a bright green if I remeber correctly. Not sure of the length. Here is the most identifying part, it had arcing leading edges on the fins. Like the Madcow stinger.

Maybe it was a Stinger with MCs lime green tubing?

This probably doesn't help at all, but this rocket looks bright green/yellow-ish?

[video=youtube;coE85q5aQ3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coE85q5aQ3U[/video]

Maybe, but it’s too fast for me haha

Clearly the answer to this is is to keep coming back to QCRS launches until the rocket shows up again :)

*edit- maybe it was the rocket here?

https://youtu.be/3m4newM0pDU?t=161

I will keep coming back for sure. That’s not the one, it had those beautiful fins like the stinger. I’m probably an idiot and it was just a stinger in green tubing. Whatever it was.....beautiful.

I will keep coming back for sure. That’s not the one, it had those beautiful fins like the stinger. I’m probably an idiot and it was just a stinger in green tubing. Whatever it was.....beautiful.

I had a Stinger, with a Green booster and a white payload section with a pinup girl and a green nose cone at MWP.

I had a Stinger, with a Green booster and a white payload section with a pinup girl and a green nose cone at MWP.

If you flew it without the payload section on Friday, it was probably you.

Hey everyone,

I recall seeing a 4.5" green Painkiller Max kit (made by GaryT). I remember the rocket had a killer green paint job, flew great, and recovered just to the west Friday afternoon. I was filming a friends flight at the time, and after the green rocket landed, the white and red Fruity Chute began to drag the rocket. I ran the couple hundred feet to grab and collapse the chute before the rocket got damaged. I dont have a pic of the green rocket in question from MWP, but take a look at the attached pic, is that the style of rocket you are referring to?

4.5 Painkiller Max.JPG

I recall seeing a 4.5" green Painkiller Max kit (made by GaryT). I remember the rocket had a killer green paint job, flew great, and recovered just to the west Friday afternoon. I was filming a friends flight at the time, and after the green rocket landed, the white and red Fruity Chute began to drag the rocket. I ran the couple hundred feet to grab and collapse the chute before the rocket got damaged. I dont have a pic of the green rocket in question from MWP, but take a look at the attached pic, is that the style of rocket you are referring to?

View attachment 338081

You know Nick said the same thing. Maybe it was a Painkiller. I do love the looks of it, maybe I am transposing the stinger fins into my lacking memory hahah. I got sidetracked and missed its flight.

Back