Green Monkey Aerospace

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is Syclone's propellant being fired, it is about a C20 in that 13 mm case.

[video=youtube_share;_lxTx2dEgSM]https://youtu.be/_lxTx2dEgSM[/video]

So, 13mm AP reloads and casings can be done, though probably not a wise business venture.
Wonder if single use MMX composites can be done.
I can imagine myself assembling an RMS MMX motor: "Damn, where did that nozzle go?":D

1/2" diameter, 5-58" long D40. Haven't flown any in a while :) 4 1" grains and up to 13 sec delay.D40 Hi-1.jpg
I considered MMX size but couldn't figure a way to ignite. (End burner, full 1/4A.2-3, .020 nozzle throat)

That is way too cool. Wish I had snatched up the sets from GMA when they were still around. Just found out about them a few days ago in a post from the prfsser.:cool:

I've got a lathe and most of the supplies. It might be an interesting project. I suspect 5-10 a year is probably a reasonable guess. I seem to remember seeing measurements around here somewhere...

Not sure if I would want to try 13mm though. That's some tiny stuff..

Would I run into any forum rules offering a couple a year?

It is a seller's market.
I did a search and found that I have a complete set of 18mm anodized in green(unused, like new) and I have a set of 18mm that are not anodized that I got from someone getting out of the hobby. I think the non-anodized set was either a prototype set or an eval set but since that person is out of the hobby, I have no way to ask them. Anyone interested in buying either set, send me a PM.

Back