Quantcast

Greatest Hits?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Something else for the job jar...

How about a greatest hits archives? Some threads are just way too full of first rate discourse to get lost in the pile. It would be nice if those could be tagged somehow for addition to a quick search archive. For example, I would use my recent thread on igniters where BobKretch provided some first rate info. If I wanted to go back, and find that thread and only remembered it was on igniters, it would be nice if I did not have to weed thru a boatload of 'Copperheads Suck" threads to find it.

A

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
You could copy the specific URLs into an web page...that's what I have started doing :)

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I do now. I was just thinking about the new folks who often post and then get told to "search on..."

However, you do trigger an interesting idea.

Yo mods, is it ok to post links to specific threads on a personal web page? Let's say I wanted to create an external archive of threads I think are interesting could I reference them from a tech ref page of my own?

A

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I sure hope so :D If not I'll move them on a private page.

If anyone stumbles on my list, be aware it is mostly for my purposes, although I added the easy to find sticky links posts. Not necessarily the ones anyone else wants to find. Not even all the ones I want, I just add them as I stumble upon them.

Mike

Reaction score
You could create a thread with links to usefull threads? If it prooves usefull I'm sure the mods would make that a sticky (like my Rocketry Links thread) so that doesn't get lost in the pile too!

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
But who would decide if the thread is useful? If the list grew too much then you'd need a search feature just for it.

Hospital_Rocket

Reaction score
How about the Thread Rater at the bottom of the page? Threads that are rocketry in nature, and have a high rating would become candidates for archive status. Of course there would have to be some culling, however I hereby nominate the Forum's discrete moderators for that. ;)

A

rstaff3

Oddroc-eteer
Reaction score
I wonder how many people even use the thread rater? It seems there are more and more references to past threads. A good set of references would reduce repetition and/or would keep us from having to respond 'that's been discussed before, go search the forum' :p

Maybe common keywords could be added to the search page, like on EMRR? Just thinking out loud.

KenParker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
Yeah, that's what I do now. I was just thinking about the new folks who often post and then get told to "search on..."

However, you do trigger an interesting idea.

Yo mods, is it ok to post links to specific threads on a personal web page? Let's say I wanted to create an external archive of threads I think are interesting could I reference them from a tech ref page of my own?

A
Yup. it's OK to post to specific threads in TRF on a personal web page.

As far as a sticky thread to list often repeated topics... we've talked about that. We might tackle that sometime after we get a major maintenance task done next weekend.

Bill

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hospital_Rocket
How about the Thread Rater at the bottom of the page? Threads that are rocketry in nature, and have a high rating would become candidates for archive status. Of course there would have to be some culling, however I hereby nominate the Forum's discrete moderators for that. ;)

If the search feature provided an option to give precedence to highly rated threads, the Thread Rater might become useful. Right now, it's just noise, like the post count.

Bill