Great hobbies, have great people, a shout out

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketGeekInFL

Reaction score
Ever since I got back into this hobby a few years ago, I have been amazed at the level of help others in the hobby are willing to give to other people in the hobby. I have seen this from the very first meet I took my kids too when I first got back into the hobby, to the vendors in the hobby, to others who generally just provide a great deal of advice to not just me but anyone who asks.

Today I had one of the more memorable experiences I have had in the hobby yet. I got a my Punisher stuck in a palm tree. My own dam fault for not researching the motor i was using more thoroughly before using it. Not only was this palm tree in an area behind a large fence, but it was also entirely stuck at the top of the palm. We all worked together along with a handy roll of duct tape and we got it out of the tree. And this was hours after the launch was over.

I have nothing but respect for my fellow rocketeers, even more so now.

BTW, got the Punisher back, with all the laundry 100% intact.

A big thanks to all the members of FSA that hung out and helped today, and to Dave for getting drinks.

Latest posts

Back