Great Fliskits experience.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FLRockets

Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post, just got back into rocketry after a few years (BAR!) and wanted to compliment Fliskits on delivering great service. Just ordered the Richter Recker last week and it arrived well within a week at my door. Just started builiding it, and it looks great coming out of the package. The best thing is, I had a question about setting it up for "E" engines and emailed Fliskits tonight, and already got a complete answer, plus an example pic. Can't beat that service!

Welcome to The Rocket Forum...... Without making you FlisKits experience any less than it was....... The kind of service in normal...... That is just how they do business......

FLRockets,

Welcome to the Forum!! You're going to love it here...

Ain't that Richter Recker a big ole bag of parts? I couldn't believe it when I opened the box.

Good luck!!!

bmhiii

Originally posted by bmhiii
I couldn't believe it when I opened the box.
I was more impressed when I dry fitted the tubes together - Its GIGANTIC! :D

Here's a comparison pic containing a Big Bertha, a Mean Machine, and the unpainted Richter Recker.:D

bmhiii

FLRockets

THank you :) It is good to know our service and products are appreciated. Keep us posted on the construction!

jim

Originally posted by FLRockets
Hi everyone. This is my first post, just got back into rocketry after a few years (BAR!) and wanted to compliment Fliskits on delivering great service. Just ordered the Richter Recker last week and it arrived well within a week at my door. Just started builiding it, and it looks great coming out of the package. The best thing is, I had a question about setting it up for "E" engines and emailed Fliskits tonight, and already got a complete answer, plus an example pic. Can't beat that service!

WELCOME TO THE ROCKETRY FORUM! I was so impressed with FlisKits that a local TRFer "jetra2" (Jason Toft) and I decided to send a pair of FlisKits Deuce's Wild! around the US. Not sure if you've heard of the <a href="https://www.fliskits.com/tour_de_deuce/index.htm">"Tour de Deuce"</a> project, but it's all about rocketry and the great FlisKits Deuce! Glad to hear you are one of many who is getting great service from FlisKits.

BTW, (sorry to hijack this thread) I noticed you are from Clearwater. A bunch of us (about 8-10 members) meet monthly over in Tampa to fly rockets. Where abouts do you fly in Clearwater? If interested you are more than welcome to join us. Our next meet is next weekend, 21 February. Send me an Email ([email protected]) if you're interested in coming out. We'd love to have another TRF member out to our local launches!

FLRockets,

Welcome to TRF :D

I too received great service from Flis kits. I apprecaited the timely manner in which I received my kit. Even during one of their busiest sales months last year when they had the free-shipping offer. (Man that was nice ;) )

Just so you know I'm in Tampa and meet with the local TRF members for launches as well.

Not too many good fields in Pinellas & too much water to fly much over here. Fuller Park, off 22 Ave. in St. Pete is a place I go, but limited to low, low power. I intend to get over to one of the Tampa sites next weekend, if the wind is reasonable. I've got a Commanche 3 and hopefully my Richter will be done by then. Also have a Public Enemy Performer in the bag that I'd like to use to qualify for Level I (NAR). Which Tampa club would be best for that? Thanks for any help & advice! See you soon.

FL,

The field we are currently flying at, I've seen the Commanche 3 and the Richter flown and recovered at max motor confugurations if the wind is good and with a little luck ;)

but we fly plenty of mid power there. Last launch https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5855 some one flew a 4-29ss on two G-40's and got it back, so this locations should give you a bit more room to spread your wings.

sorry, this is getting a little off topic

To kinda get back on topic, I can spread more of that FlisKits cheer. At our next launch I will have a handful of FlisKits Deuce's Wild! kits for sale. FL, if you come on out you can fly rockets *and* buy yourself a Deuce without having to deal with the shipping. So you see Russ, this is kinda all intertwined! "D

I ordered an "Acme Spitfire" from Fliskits. Great customer service. The kit was a little difficult (more because the instructions were counterintuitive) but it was a fun build. My only change would be to change the shock cord to a thinner kevlar one. (OK, shut up jeff...)

I recieved a thank you email, and even though I sent a check I received my kit within a week after sending. The kit was well put together and I can't wait until next week to shoot this one off at our next club launch.
Kudo's to Fliskits!

We're looking into incorporating kevlar into more of our kits, so... :)

As for the instructions being "counterintuitive", i would be most interested in hearing your thoughts on this (either here or in private email). This sort of feedback is what we use to improve our kits and company so it is very welcome.

Glad you got your kit in good order!

jim

If you haven't seen an "Acme Spitfire" then my comments may have been misinterpreted. The concept is brilliant, but builiding a rocket that is deliberately different than any other can offer a challenge to an experienced builder. Once I realized the concept, I understood, but a couple of times in the building process, I was thinking "Is this thing stable?".

I'm extremely sorry if my previous comments sounded like a slight on this rocket. This is a very fun build. They have a wonderful "Launch rod" alignment system that makes construction of this rocket just about idiot proof.

Oh, and as far as proof is concerned, I had a nice launch with this rocket a few weeks ago. D12-3. My only concern (see previous post) is that the shock cord took a lot of punishment. From my own experience, pack the wadding as loose as possible on this one, and I'd wrap the cord and chute when launching. If you do this, then I think you'll avoid my mistake.

If you haven't had a chance to see this rocket, check out this link.
https://www.fliskits.com/products/01prod_fs.htm

Jeffer_i,

no slight taken, beleive me. I'm wise enough to know that nothing is perfect and I would MUCH rather have someone come to me and tell me what they think is wrong or needs improvement rather than find out they're keeping it to themselves while going on to another company.

The folks here on TRF can attest that I take critisim and comments in improvement very well.

I do the designs, graphics and instructions all on my own and it is VERY easy to mess up (especially with the *feature* of cut-n-paste...) Heck, for the first YEAR, the Pheord X-150 had the Richter Recker Flight Prep on the back of the cover art! LOL

As for the ACME, yea, that kit'll keep you up nights just wondering about it. That's the beauty of that kit. Many folks have told me that the ACME is just a gimic kit, but it is far more than that. It is a good study in stability not to mention a good way to scare the crap out of your RSO LOL

jim

Back