Grain arrangement in the CTI H225 WT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim51

Reaction score
Hi all
So this is just a 'please confirm' I've done this right' sort of thread:
Checking a 38 2 G White Thunder load the nozzle was loose and the grains slipped out, luckily hitting something soft. They're undamaged by the drop but I haven't disassembled this motor before. Now I'm putting the motor back together, hopefully in the right way. I can tell which way the forward one fits because of the pellet. But I see the rear grain has a concave surface. Which way round should this grain go? My sense is it should be as in my sketch below, with the concave surface facing forwards. Is this correct?
20201016_160047.jpg

I find it odd the pellet grain has no concave dip. Oh well, youve got it sorted out.

(When I built the K750, the #6 aft grain has a larger core than the others, and it was helpfully labeled "Last" in sharpie on the casting tube)

I find it odd the pellet grain has no concave dip. Oh well, youve got it sorted out.
Probably it does, but since the pellet goes forward, it's hard to get wrong.

Hopefully your reload doesn't suffer from the bad closure plastic or energetic pellet problems.

Thanks everyone.
@crossfire - I can't remember, but I think it was 2018 or maybe 2017. lIRC all the labelling was on the tube.
Anyway I burned it yesterday no problems, as one of 2 x outboards on my 5.5" airstart bird with a K445 core. 5113'.

Thanks everyone.
@crossfire - I can't remember, but I think it was 2018 or maybe 2017. lIRC all the labelling was on the tube.
Anyway I burned it yesterday no problems, as one of 2 x outboards on my 5.5" airstart bird with a K445 core. 5113'.
Glad it went well for you. 2017 some of the 2 grain 38s had pellet problems.

Back