GPS Rocket Locator for android (Now released !)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't understand what is exactly the problem. You cannot connect to another device ? Or if there is a second BT device it conflict and crash the software ?
Can you explain a little more ?

With the original version, I've been told that one needs to use their device "bare". That means just bonded to the receiver. I was using my
Nexus 7 2013 Flo with a B/T keyboard and mouse and indeed GPSRL seemed to mysteriously crash. I tried the latest version 1.1.0 for a short period of
time and didn't have a crash. (Though I left the keyboard and mouse off.) Maybe Gerard has run the program longer? The crashes I observed with the first version was the program simply disappeared off the screen without me doing anything. The program didn't indicate a problem, it just "disappeared". I could restart it and bond to my receiver and it would work again. I think I read were someone else wrote that GPSRL didn't function reliably with other B/T peripherals attached. This might be a problem with the Nexus 7 unless it's seen with other devices. But yeah, if I'm out in the field, I don't need to nor will I use a B/T keyboard or a mouse. That stuff's for other apps.:cool: Kurt

For the source code, I opened my personal SVN server: svn://frank.ddns.net/rocket_locator

Note that, for the google map api, I use my own application key so, if you want to reuse the google map code in another application, you have to create your own google application key, even if my own key works.

This application is ready to use, and works fine.

I tried to make screen shots of the application but my phone have to be rooted and it's not.

So, any comments or suggestions are welcome.
Looks like your svn server is not working.
any chance you could post the code somewhere?

Does the Rocketlocator app work with the BeelineGPS? So far I haven't had any luck with it. My BeelineGPS works fine with APRSdroid which is probably sufficient. I'm suspecting the packet formats are not the same as for the Eggfinder.

Does the Rocketlocator app work with the BeelineGPS? So far I haven't had any luck with it. My BeelineGPS works fine with APRSdroid which is probably sufficient. I'm suspecting the packet formats are not the same as for the Eggfinder.

No, Look at it as a simple receiver for NMEA words like one sees when they plug in a USB GPS receiver into a laptop.
It works with the EggFinder and EggTimer TRS though. APRS is different. Kurt

No, Look at it as a simple receiver for NMEA words like one sees when they plug in a USB GPS receiver into a laptop.
It works with the EggFinder and EggTimer TRS though. APRS is different. Kurt
Thanks for the answer. That's what I thought.

Looks like your svn server is not working.
any chance you could post the code somewhere?

Hi, the software is not open source anymore (it was opened for 2 months and every one wanted to read my code for their own project so, I closed it).
Now, I need someone who has experience in android programming to implement Open Street Map in my code because, I don't have time anymore, because of day job and familly.

Private message me if interested.

Back