Got some rocket stuff!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pdooley

Reaction score
Just got excited about my orders from AC and BMS. I got them both today.
Got a lot of centering rings, balsa wood and coupler stock from BMS. Also a Gyroc clone and BNC 55AO nose cone.
From AC, a Blackbird, Commanche, lotsa BT's and NC's, and some E9's.
My BMS stuff:

not only is it bright orange, but check out the funky mounting.
No, there was no bottom cap provided to glue on.
I think you are suppose to thread a screw eye into the boss.:confused: :confused:

Those are the nosecones used on the Alpha 3. Bright orange...kewl! :cool:

Jason

Originally posted by pdooley
Got a lot of centering rings, balsa wood and coupler stock from BMS. Also a Gyroc clone and BNC 55AO nose cone.
My BMS stuff:

Okay I'm lost...who is AC?

My BMS stuff:

:eek: Oooh...a Comanche 3. ChrisVG and I have one. I see a 3 way fully stacked drag race in the near future. :D Joe M had one too. Unfortunately, he loaded one of the booster motors in there backwards and subsequently scorched the 2nd stage. :( Nice order you have there. I bet you can't build them as fast as you order them. :)

I bet you can't build them as fast as you order them

Yes Eugene, very true.
I actually have 2 Commanches now, both un-built.
1 is to kit-bash a Farside.
And no, the Farside isn't built yet either!!!

Currently I have materials for; and unbuilt kits:

Phoenix
Commanche
Farside
1.25 Bluebird Zero
Omega
1.25 Vigilante
Colossus
Maxi Alpha 3
Maxi Alpha
Gyroc
Sprint
Goblin

and 20-30 more I can't think of now:rolleyes:

not only is it bright orange, but check out the funky mounting.
No, there was no bottom cap provided to glue on.
I think you are suppose to thread a screw eye into the boss.:confused: :confused:

I would add a scew-eye to that little whole , but add quite a bit of nosecone weight to the oposite side of the nosecone , because that little mount looks pretty heavy and could throw of the cg! :confused:
-Karl

Originally posted by Karl
I would add a scew-eye to that little whole , but add quite a bit of nosecone weight to the oposite side of the nosecone , because that little mount looks pretty heavy and could throw of the cg! :confused:
-Karl

As others have mentioned this is the nose cone for the Estes Alpha III. Screw in an eyelet, it works just fine.

ahhh! thats the nosecone from "it"

"it" didn't end good.

yes your supposed to screw an eye hook in there...

Originally posted by Karl
-Karl

CG is generally considered to positioned between the front and rear of the rocket - by screwing in a screw eye all you are doing is adding nose weight, which generally increases stability

Back