Got my level one at the weekend

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gillard

Reaction score
I've been in the hobby for 12 years or so, and i finally got round to certifying at the weekend - so i'm very pleased with myself.
Flew a PML Phobos on a 38mm H123. single deployment on a 30 inch chute, had a long walk.

Very nice :)

I got my L1 on an H123 - it's a great motor.

Congrats! I've heard great things about the Phobos.

I was set to attempt my L1 (PML Tethys) this weekend, but the launch date was scrubbed. The land owner had something else planned for this weekend. That's ok, I can wait a little longer. Gives me time to throw some paint!

Congrats on the L1. :cool:

Considering where you are ; I guess you get to open your wallet wider than usuall.:y:

BTW I too did my L1 with a Phobos. The 29mm version. So I used a H128. Been 9 years and still flying.

Al

Whoa......12years I guess it was about time!

Congratulations! Now the doors open for all kinds new things. Walk on in and join the rest of us nuts.

Congrats on the L1. :cool:

Considering where you are ; I guess you get to open your wallet wider than usuall.:y:

BTW I too did my L1 with a Phobos. The 29mm version. So I used a H128. Been 9 years and still flying.

Al

rocketry is not cheap in the UK, i've built an adapter and purchased 2 H180 reloads for the Phobos' next flight, but i'll be going for dual deployment to cut down on the walk.

Phobos is a great rocket. Lost mine this past summer on a Loki 38-480 I316 Skid...it ripped and was never seen again.

Congrats on the L1!

Phobos on Pad1.jpg

Phobos I316S.jpg

Back