Got a new reloadable!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phaar

Reaction score
My dad went to Kansas City on a business trip and he called me up and asked if I needed anything from the hobby shop that he normally stays by. So I said yes, naturally. Well, he came back with a million decals and bt-50's I asked him to get. But he also got a 29/40-120 casing! It is are first reloadable! This thing is awesome. Can fit from E16 to a G64! Can't wait to load it up! He said he was quite lucky because that was the only thing he could find in Kansas City because of the A.I.R.fest. There was nothing AT that he could find. NOTHING. Then he found a single reloadable. Everyone was sold out of everything. Can't wait to launch this one!:D :D

And what will you put it in? When? Keep in mind, the hurricane will most likely have you home-bound next weekend. Ahhh, solution! SEARS will be flying on the 11th in Samson, Ala. I've heard a 1/2 scale Patriot will be flown. Hurricane should be passed by then.

Originally posted by GGoldy
And what will you put it in? When? Keep in mind, the hurricane will most likely have you home-bound next weekend. Ahhh, solution! SEARS will be flying on the 11th in Samson, Ala. I've heard a 1/2 scale Patriot will be flown. Hurricane should be passed by then.

Umm. Have you checked the latest NHC track (9/4 1700 EDT)?

Frances will be heading towards Alabama... Of course, this storm has changed
directions so many times in the last few days, I wouldn't be surprized if it heads
back out to Mexico!

It doesnt really matter where it goes, we will get rain. It seems that ever since I have started doing rockets, Every hurricane there is somehow kepps us home. Never noticed that problem before. Odd.

Originally posted by brianc
Umm. Have you checked the latest NHC track (9/4 1700 EDT)?

Frances will be heading towards Alabama... Of course, this storm has changed
directions so many times in the last few days, I wouldn't be surprized if it heads
back out to Mexico!

I'm hoping it will boogie on through and be well north by next weekend. I admit, I'm a dreamer. Looks like I may get hit Monday evening or Tuesday. How did Orlando fare today? Much damage?

While the wind was a problem, I believe the rain was equally or worse then the wind. I am not sure but I am fortunate my Grandma did not get hit. She lives in Naples so she was just south.

Was that store by any chance Hobby Haven :D

Yeah, AIRfest was taking all the motors up, I was lucky to get some G64s there at the launch.

Originally posted by Blue_Ninja_150
Was that store by any chance Hobby Haven :D

You are on top of things. As a matter of fact, it was Hobby Haven. Been there I guess?

a'yup :)

Great prices on stuff, thats where I got my Initiator starter set ($70)

Back