Got a Jolly Logic chute release for Christmas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ascastil

Reaction score
I love this thing!!!! It was pretty windy today and it came in real handy. Launched an Initiator on an E18 a few times and this thing made the recovery pretty intense as it falls closer to earth and then BAM, the chute opens. Not only does it land near the pad, it makes the flights a lot more fun, not that launching rockets wasnt fun to begin with.

I got one for Christmas too. I'm looking forward to flying it in my Quicksilver.

I guess you guys weren't on the naughty list. You're going to love the JLCR.

Last edited:
I got one too. Of course, I bought mine and handed it to the wife a week ago. Then BAM, it was magically under tree yesterday; along with a LOC Nuke Pro Max.

I love this thing!!!! It was pretty windy today and it came in real handy. Launched an Initiator on an E18 a few times and this thing made the recovery pretty intense as it falls closer to earth and then BAM, the chute opens. Not only does it land near the pad, it makes the flights a lot more fun, not that launching rockets wasnt fun to begin with.

Dual deploy is fun even if not really needed. It makes your rocket "do" something.

I brought an Estes Patriot, Falcon 9, and modified Leviathan on my holiday travels just in case I got a chance to try out my new CR.
Now just have to sneak away from relatives at an opportune moment....:dark:

You guys are gonna love it. Ordered some motors to use at my first club launch in years. Gonna put the G64 I ordered in the Initiator because Im not scared of it floating off anywhere. Gonna need to get a smaller rocket to put a G in so I can really push the limits.

Back