Got a good deal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n3tjm

Papa Elf
Reaction score
38_54.jpg

All of this for $150!!! :eek:

The 54/1280 and 1706 look like they never been fired, but the original owner claims they have been.... There is no residue on them, or bleaching between the O-Rings... Oh.. I want a J415 and K550 so bad... I can almost hear the ROAR now ;).

JOOC, I noticed that your aft closure is anodized red. I have two black 54mm aft closures, and recently got a third from a friend which was also anodized red. What's up with that? Anybody else get a red one? Anybody know why they're red?

That is weird, I didnt even notice it was red. I have never seen one of those before

wow!!! I'm jealous!!! you got a great deal!

do you have the altitude bug? AT made a run of K185s recently, score one of those and put it in your 54/1706.

Originally posted by cls
wow!!! I'm jealous!!! you got a great deal!

do you have the altitude bug? AT made a run of K185s recently, score one of those and put it in your 54/1706.

Need three things for that... Extended closure.... light enough rocket.... and a big open field...

But don't worry, both the J135 and K185 are on my must fly someday list :D

Very nice Doug, now it is time to start letting those eloads pay for themselves...:D

Looks good

I don't know.... I am persuing another hobby now... plus taken an interest in someone... so money is tight... I may get a J460 or a J415 this year... but most likely I will wait thill next year to spend more money on motors...

I would like to do a J460 airstarting dual G64's or H128's. I think that would be so cool :). And since it is still under a K, I can do that at CMASS.

I know I have plans for them next year :)

I just noiced the red closure as well
the K185 is on my must fly some day list too:)

Back