Goonydent G

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a dedicated goony tread around here somewhere. Fliskits USS Grissom is a Trident like rocket, not sure if eRockets has that back in production yet though.

I built this years ago...think it was a Sandman design that used Baby Bertha parts? Sawed-off shotgun version of the Trident! :oops:

So I misunderstood the initial post thought you were looking for info on building one.
Came out very nice. Did you do anything to heatproof the vent tubes?
:facepalm:

I’ve a couple dozen flights on my Semroc repro mode of the Trident with no special treatment of the duct tubes. I should check it to make sure things are OK…but there’s been no bubbling of paint or anything.

I need to check and see if I bought a set of Goonydent decals/plans from Gordy before he had to shut down the decals business….

Unfortunately, my Goonydent drifted away under too large a chute never to be seen again. And the Gooneydent decals were no longer available after that.
But since then I built the US Rockets 2.7" upscale.... That thing is tall!
Here is a pix of the two larger ones from above with the US Rockets' one (the smallest one is the Semroc/Estes size one)
1655250588926.png

My Gemini DC has had a few burn throughs I can't figure out how to repair the current one where soot is coming out a fin root with out a full rebuild.

Really nice work.

I built an upscale version of one of these out of BT80 and BT60 some years ago. It was too heavy for black powder motors so I had to fly on E20's The second flight I was seeing bubbling on the paint by the vent tubes. On the third flight I got burn through on two tubes.

When I repaired it I must have made the vent tubes too restrictive as the lower tube exploded on ejection on the fourth flight. I scrapped it for parts shortly after but it was a beautiful rocket. Now that I have a little more experience I might give it another shot.

Unfortunately, my Goonydent drifted away under too large a chute never to be seen again. And the Gooneydent decals were no longer available after that.
But since then I built the US Rockets 2.7" upscale.... That thing is tall!
Here is a pix of the two larger ones from above with the US Rockets' one (the smallest one is the Semroc/Estes size one)
View attachment 522986
Les did a very good write-up, over on The Olde Rocket Forum, on the build of the US Rockets Trident here
https://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=17675&highlight=trident

Les did a very good write-up, over on The Olde Rocket Forum, on the build of the US Rockets Trident here
Thanks. I also posted the info here on TRF

Trident plus others build
Trident
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threa...rockets-trident-k-s-orion-starfighter.150133/
Interesting - when I try to link it shows the link, but when I post the link turns to plain text and doesn't work. See if this works... That failed too. Sorry

Cant get it to post right either, funny how it hides characters.

Last edited:
Back