Goony Goblin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

astronboy

Reaction score
Well, I know that there has been 'Goblin fever' lately on TRF. I have been working on a 'modern' version of the Goblin, one that can be built from stock, available ESTES parts. My Goony Goblin is as stock as a scratchbuild can get: a Baby Bertha kit, with Goblin fins and decals. Here is a pic:

I will be attempting to launch on Sunday weather permiting. I will send launch pics....

Dude, that's sweet!

If there's one good thing I can say about making odd-clones, there's no *wrong* way to do it! The more wierd the clone the better!

I would certainly cast a vote your way! Great usage of another rocket to express some creativity!

Where are you planning to fly? I'm hoping to get out this weekend as well. Looks like it's gonna be a good one :)

Regards,
Todd

Tim.

I am hoping to launch tomorrow at either Bethlehem HS, or Shen, but it will be a really fast set up/launch take pics/leave kinda' deal. I am really only going to launch the Goony Goblin, and the Triellian Scout Ship scratchbuilt. Once I am done, I am moving on as I need to get to my brothers, get to my Sister in Laws, and pack for vacation. I relly do not expect to be on the field for more than 15-20 min tops.

Of course, this all depends on my being able to complete my relay launch system tonight!! :eek:

Of course, if this were not such a mad-dash kinda deal, I would be very happtiy to launch with you and your 'support team'!! :)

Perhaps we will get lucky and get one more chance before the snoew....

Fair enough. :) We'll either be at Shen or Clifton Commons. Good luck :) And, yes I hope there's more times before the snow comes ;)

Regards,
Todd

Sandman wrote:

"Nice finish too!"

The secret finish formula is as follows: 2 coats of Elmer's Fill N Finish with 400 grit sanding in between. 6 Coats of WalMart 'el-cheapo' brand flat white as a primer, with 400 grit sanding between every two coats, Topcoat is Walmart 'el-cheapo' (94 cents a can!!) brand gloss black and gloss orange. Tango Papa Decals set with 'Micro Set' by Micro Scale, and followed by a coat of 'Micro Sol' to make the decals settle in to the finish. Finally: 2 Coats of Future floor wax.

Almost all of the above was learned here at TRF!! ;)

THanks Everyone!! :)

Prowler: Hopefully I will see you guys tomorrow at the field, but I am just not sure yet when I will be out there.

Have Funn!!

OK, Here rae flight pics. VERY low (200 feet?) on an A8-3, very nice on a B6-4!!

Prowler: I was launching by Skano/Tesago next to a Dad and his three kids... We also saw launches over by the High School, was that you? About 3pm?

Back