Goony Enough?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that.

How'd you do the transition and how much nose weight did you have to add?

Someone should tip off the CDC about this "Gooney" disease. It keeps spreading....

Great job, mikeyd!
Take two aspirin and find another Baby Bertha in the morning.

Very nice, MikeyD. :D And I would say that it's perfectly Goony. ;)

I like that.

I have not added the nose weight yet, without paint, it was 4oz, with the CP, as measured by VCP, and the current balance point, within 1/2inch, in the middle of the transition. The transition is obviously, not as nice as Sandmans hand tooled balsa, but they work for this. It is made from two paper shrouds, one 1/2inch tall, and the 2nd 1.5inch tall, glued together then soaked with CA. I accidentaly erased my VCP file, so will have to remeasure dimensions, but the rough demensions are the top shroud is about 1.6in, by 1/2in tall, by 2.5in, and the bottom is 2.5in by 1.5in tall, by 3in at the base.

I flip-flopped on dual stage, cluster, or single stage alot, and decided to keep it simple with single 24mm, as this is just a "fun" Goony build.

That is Gooney wonderful.

Hmmmm..... 24mm powered Goonney, that opens up a hole new can of worms!

(this is where the Mad Scientist pipe organ music plays) Muuuhaahaaaa!
:dancing2:

I like that.

Sorry for the delay, but just got back from Easter trip. I had to add just over 3oz of clay to the nose to move the CG, up to the fin vanes area, with an E9-4 loaded, so this make the Dry Weight about 7.5oz. Attached is a screen capture of the vcp file showing the CG with no motor loaded. The Transitions are 1.6dia by .5tall by 3.0dia, then 3.0dia by 2.5tall by 3.275dia base.

View attachment Goony-Herc.doc

Back