Goonies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKPilot

Reaction score
Okay, while the forum was down I was going through withdrawls on these. . . so show 'um if you got 'um.

If you use something other than a Baby Bertha, or roughly equivalent, is it even more goony, or is it something entirely different?

goony xl5 004 small.jpg

Okay, while the forum was down I was going through withdrawls on these. . . so show 'um if you got 'um.

Oh man, now you've done it!

Just like tribbles the place will be crawing with them!

Here are a few. Might be reposts.

The Mini shuttle is not a goonie, but it should be!

goonie vega.jpg

Mini Shuttle.jpg

OGC.jpg

Just remember, you asked for it. :D Here's my latest goonies, bring my goonie fleet to 23 birds. All my goonies to date have been Estes patterns, it was time to change that, enter one of my favorite Centuri models, the Scram Jet.

View attachment 315

In a similar vein, one of the more popular MRN patterns from way back, the Top Secret.

Top Goon.jpg

And just because it's a cool design, the Estes Firecat.

Fire Goon.jpg

AK, I'll have the patterns of these for you shortly.

This was already posted at the old site, figured I'd repost it here.

The Mars Goonielander, with the rest of the family.

My Orbital Goonieceptor, and Mini shuttle are painted, just waiting for decals.

Been spending too much time building, not enough time finishing.

goonielndr.jpg

Last edited:
So we have a Goony picture thread. But can we also have a seperate thread where people can post plans for the Goonies? I'd love to build a bunch that were posted here.

For my goonies I use the original fin plans on a Baby Bertha body. The only exception is the Orbital Goonieceptor. For that I extended the "wings" by 1/4 inch. It just looked right that way.

The Goony Bomarc and Blackbird are awesome :)

These birds are really REALLY well done but with one exception (the V-1) don't look like they are flown or at least there are no launchpad photos.

I like the idea of paint and decal bashing a Baby Bertha into something else but I'm all about the launching...do you fellas fly your models?

I have flown the Goony-Marc, on a C6-5, Nice high straight flight, no wooble, or twisting, and the Cloud Hoppers have flown, quite a bit, as the smaller one is an original A10-3T powered unit built about 35 years ago, and the upscale is 24mm powered. I have not had a chance to try the Goony-Bird/SRGoony, or Nike-Goon yet.
I have some BB kits, and plans from Excelsior yet to build, but I do not seem to manage my time well!

Mike.

These birds are really REALLY well done but with one exception (the V-1) don't look like they are flown or at least there are no launchpad photos.

I like the idea of paint and decal bashing a Baby Bertha into something else but I'm all about the launching...do you fellas fly your models?

Ah, reposted the picture thinking you ment that the V-1 has not flown... sorry. It did fly nicely but it landed on the road breaking the fin that sticks out of the engine but it has been repaired since.

Attachments

• GoonyV1.jpg
    GoonyV1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
In the old TRF didn't someone say that Goonies were a gate way drug or something?

:eek::confused::eek::D

-DAllen

MUST BUY BABY BERTHAS

That Goonmanchee is awesome :D

How well does it fly on all 3 stages? I may need to make myself one of those...

Don't know, mine is just a 2 stage, and that works very well. The Bt-60 keeps the altitude reasonable.

A little reindeer tells me you have at least one goonie in your fleet, that should be a nice warm up for a Goonmanchie.

Last edited:

Here is the goonie lander in flight on a C6-3, taken by Jim Flis at a CMASS launch. Flew it 3 times that day. The Goonieship Vega has yet to fly, but is ready. The Orbital Goonieceptor and Mini Shuttle are waiting on decals.

gl.jpg

Must.

Buy.

More.

Baby.

Berthas.

Crazy.

Rocketeers.

Here.

Won't.

Stop.

The.

Madness. . . .

What we need on this forum is a secret santa where everyone exchanges Baby Bertha kits, then a month later we all post up our SS Goonys.

I dunno, seems you'd wanna make the goonielander even fatter than the original!
;)

You know it would seem that way, but due to the eddies in the space/time continuum, the effects of relativity while goonifing it, and the Coriolis effect, It actually ends up being thinner! Very weird.
:D

Oh and it looked bad with a BT-100 as the bottom hull section. This just looked "correct" to me.

Last night I looked for Goon pictures on YORF and TRF. Found about 40 different goonies. I know we are missing a few and the Goonyceptor (?) comes to mind. I think there is also an Andromeda Goony as well as a Goony Alien Explorer roaming around. If you got them, show your craftmanship by posting pictures. (I am secretly hording copies of the pictures for future reference and inpiration but do not tell anyone)...

Last night I looked for Goon pictures on YORF and TRF. Found about 40 different goonies. I know we are missing a few and the Goonyceptor (?) comes to mind. I think there is also an Andromeda Goony as well as a Goony Alien Explorer roaming around. If you got them, show your craftmanship by posting pictures. (I am secretly hording copies of the pictures for future reference and inpiration but do not tell anyone)...

HOw about these?

Goonyceptor 1.jpg

Goondromeda.jpg

View attachment 549

Goonlantis.jpg

View attachment 551

Yes! I knew I was not crazy... keep posting them! Love the goonyceptor an the goonlantis!

Back