Goonie decals

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
So I was thinking, you dont see to many large scale Goonies,

Do you think I should start offering upscaled Goonie decals?

If so, were do I start? maybe just the original Estes kits?

Or maybe start adding a Goonie option to all my decals?

thanks in advance for the input. I've been kicking this around for a while,
and just can't decide :D

Original size, I think water-slide is the way to go.

Upscale, especially when you move to 4" or larger tube, vinyl starts to make a lot more sense.

-Kevin (who has seriously considered a 4" or 5.5" fleet -- I'd love to do 7.5", but they'd just take up too much room!)

Original size, I think water-slide is the way to go.

Upscale, especially when you move to 4" or larger tube, vinyl starts to make a lot more sense.

-Kevin (who has seriously considered a 4" or 5.5" fleet -- I'd love to do 7.5", but they'd just take up too much room!)
Hmmm, a 7.5" Cloud Hopper? Interesting idea. I'm waiting for someone to build a 36" or 48" man-rated one! :D

MarkII

Hello....I'm still in the room!

Uh, yeah, last time I checked the originals size was still available from Excelsior. Really no need for another vendor to offer them when such high quality versions are already available. Just my $.02......

Tom C.

Hello....I'm still in the room!

Sorry Bro... I was just saying..
I don't really think I could do Vinyl that small and keep the quality/detail were it needs to be.

Hmmm, a 7.5" Cloud Hopper? Interesting idea. I'm waiting for someone to build a 36" or 48" man-rated one! :D

MarkII

Now That's whatI am talking about, and that I have to see!!

MarkII

A 7.5" Cloudhopper would need about six or seven sheet of waterslide decal.

Yea...vinyl might be better.:rolleyes:

A 7.5" Cloudhopper would need about six or seven sheet of waterslide decal.

Yea...vinyl might be better.:rolleyes:
For the 36" diameter or 48" diameter man-rated versions, the patterns would actually be painted on.

MarkII

that I got to see..... :D
Yeah, but we'll probably see a man-rated Star Snoop or Galaxy Guppy first, though. Darned government bureaucrats! No vision...

73est16.jpg

MarkII

I promise everyone, if he really does build a man rated "Goonie" you can count me in to make the decals CHEAP!

nothing is better advertising than someone almost killing themselves on live T.V.

and you know that would get some airtime.... at least on...

The smoking gun presents "worlds dumbest daredevils" :roll:

Mark, Mark -- I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek when I posted that stuff about the man-rated Goonybirds! But it's kind of neat to daydream about them, don't you think? :D

And besides, they would of course include ejection seats as part of the LES, just like the Gemini had. You don't think that I would ruin those splendid designs by adding escape towers to them, do you?

MarkII
Incurable daydreamer and sometime leg-puller

Last edited:
Mark, Mark -- I had my tongue firmly planted in my cheek when I posted that stuff about the man-rated Goonybirds! But it's kind of neat to daydream about them, don't you think? :D

And besides, they would of course include ejection seats as part of the LES, just like the Gemini had. You don't think that I would ruin those splendid designs by adding escape towers to them, do you?

MarkII
Incurable daydreamer and sometime leg-puller

I totally know where you were coming from. I am not one of these "uptight's" that can't tell when a joke starts.

And Yes an escape tower on a gooney would be cool. I think someone once posted a picture of a gooney mercury redstone... hhhuuuuuummmm .

:D

I totally know where you were coming from. I am not one of these "uptight's" that can't tell when a joke starts.

And Yes an escape tower on a gooney would be cool. I think someone once posted a picture of a gooney mercury redstone... hhhuuuuuummmm .

:D

Not a Mercury but...

Goony Joe II along side my "Ashcan Constipation"
The second pic was for our club (HUVARS) Bertha contest. My Gemini Bertha and my Little Brother's Mercury Bertha.

Goony Joe II and Constipation.JPG

You guys realize, of course, that for some of us, the idea of a 24" Goonybird gets the mind going....

24" concrete forms are a standard construction item for us.

The reality is it becomes difficult as the motors get larger, due to how short they are. Massive amounts of nose weight are required.

-Kevin (who seriously considered a 7.5" Goonybird for L3)

LOL! Am I the first? I'm certainly looking forward to that big honkin' eyeball. :impatient:

Yep you are the first. maybe I need to have a contest..... Enter a Goonie (scratch built)

Best goonie wins ANOTHER set of gonnie decals.... what do you think?

Back