Good Friday looking good in UK

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cydermaster

Reaction score
Just had a butchers at the BEEB's 5 day forcast, and its 2mph winds and no clouds expected for my area on Good Friday. :D

Should be a BP-burning frenzy for me - better get the digi-cam battery on charge. ;)

Anybody else planning some Good Friday BP-related fun?

Originally posted by cydermaster
Just had a butchers at the BEEB's 5 day forcast, and its 2mph winds and no clouds expected for my area on Good Friday. :D

You're trusting the 5-day forcast! :D

We've been having some nice weather recently and I've been feeling all summery! I'm hoping to get out there in a couple of weeks, lots of stuff to fly

Have fun on Friday, hope the weather's hot, crossing (bun) my fingers for you.

I'm sorry, but I had to get that in there somewhere. :eek:

Yep - I got out at about 5:30 for an hour. The winds had picked up a little, but it was still ok for 'A' motors in the small field along the road from my flat.

Flew my Semroc Squire twice on A8-3s - got a small smilie in the nosecone on the second flight.

My Fliskits Corona went up on a Quest B6-4. I forgot to tilt the launch rod into the wind, so the rocket ended up landing a couple of fields away - even with a 12" chute.

My 18mm AAW Cone Rocket made its first flight of the year on a C6-3, and my Fliskits Overdrive had an outing with a 1/2A.

All-in-all I was out for an hour. The best part was having about 6 local kids all wanting to be the one to get the rocket when it lands. Sure saves me having to leggit after my birds! ;)

Back