Good "Bad" Movies

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Was talking with a co-worker about week-end plans, and movies came up..

What are some of the great "bad" [b-grade / C-grade] films you've seen / recommend?

My favorites are:
  • Death Race 2000 - (1976) with David Carradine, sly stallone
  • Straight to Hell - Joe Strummer, the Pogues, Courtly Love
  • Rock n Roll High School - The Ramones & P.J. Soles
  • DOA - Sex Pistol N. American tour (Various UK punk bands)
  • Mad Max (the original) Mel Gibson
  • Gumball Rally
  • Rocky Horror Picture show (Yearly tradition!)

you?

Siege of Firebase Gloria - great movie but with some corny moments, like the young soldier’s girlfriend’s name (Polly).

Mortal Kombat
Big Trouble in Little China
Armageddon
Dune (1984)

Spacehunter: Adventures in the Forbidden Zone
Cherry 2000

Shop Smart, Shop S-Mart!! This is my Boom Stick!!

At one of the Montreal's 'Just for laughs' festival, they had 'Evil Dead - The Musical' Quite good (and Bill Paxton was 2 table over from us!)

When Army of Darkness opened in Vancouver (late late 90's..) We were in line to see it, and across the street (Granville) was another line. This line had a preacher* preaching about the sins & such.. Then, someone point out that maybe he's preaching to the wrong line / crowd. The one he was preaching to were in line for a music show at the Orpheum. He then leapt across the street to start preaching to us, who were starting to file into the theater..

*One of those self-stylized 'I know better than you' types who are all bible & somewhat destitute..

yes, Cherry 2000 & Spacehunter (in 3D!! I had such a thing for Molly back then..)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_Dead_(musical)
https://evildeadthemusical.com/

Silver Dream Racer - Cheesy 80s motorcycle racing flick, gotta love the boiks though!!

Sidecar Racer - 1975 Aussie film about an American surfer who becomes a monkey on a racing outfit. Good fun...

Going through the ones I have on hand...

Earth Girls are Easy
Eating Raoul
Mom And Dad Save The World
Reefer Madness
Tucker And Dale Vs Evil
Wasting Away (aka Aaah! Zombies!!)
Tank Girl

There is only one......the greatest film ever made (you have to admit that) is:

Rubin & Ed.

Simply brilliant in every way.

My cat can eat a whole watermelon.

s6

Several of my favorites have been mentioned. Here's a few additional ones

SLC Punk
Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead was pretty funny.

My son has been captivated by low budget tornado movies on Sci Fi channel like Alien Tornado about aliens attacking Earth with electric tornadoes and a couple other killer storm movies with Casper Van Dien starring in them.

Back