Gonna Skin Me A Cat

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Rex is a nice cat. The Sphynx, mah, not so much. They always look grumpy. Reminds me of a Pinky and the Brain cartoon.

View attachment 447670

Holy cat crap!

Is that what ALL cats look like underneath their deceptive layer of luxurious, sensuous, adorable fur?

Cripes! They LIED to us!

These demon monsters are worse than the freakin’ reptilians, disguised in their unholy suits of human flesh!

I like cats but there’s a neighborhood cat that has got on my bad side. Today, the temperature got into the low seventies, so spray painting was a go. Carefully wiped down my rocket and took it outside to paint. Had a table covered with plastic sheeting; sprayed a light coat of primer and left it to dry. This evening, I took it inside and what did I see? Cat hair stuck all over the body tube and fins. Luckily it was only a primer coat, but sanding is my least favorite part of rocket building.
I have several indoor cats. I paint my rockets outdoors, but bring them indoors to dry. Cats can climb like monkeys and jump like kangaroos, so finding places to put my rockets is challenging. While paint or glue dries, I sometimes put them on my stereo speakers. I store my finished rockets in my downstairs shower stall. Luckily they haven't really taken an interest in playing with the rockets, but there is always a danger of them bumping them off a shelf, while climbing around. Cats love to have the high ground and look down on their domain.

Thanks for sharing. From now on, when I leave a rocket to dry outside, I'll plug a dowel in the motor mount and either plant the dowel in the ground or hang it on a fence somehow.

Back