Gold for Canada in Mens Olympic hockey

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred22

Reaction score
Well folks in a nail biter of a game our boys took home gold in mens olympic hockey:) The American team played extremely well and have nothing to hang their heads about:) Canada now has more gold medals then any other nation taken in a single winter olympics :) Lots of great performances by all the worlds athletes and a great games. Cant wait till London and 2012 :)
Cheers
fred

What a great game! It could easily have gone the other way, too. It took sudden death OT to decide it. The gold was no foregone conclusion for the team in red and white; they had to earn it. The really great thing was that while two immensely powerful North American teams competed to decide the color of their respective medals, all that the rest of the world (except Finland) could do was sit back and watch. Right here (N. A.) is indisputably where the heart and soul of hockey resides. Congratulations, Team Canada - you won this game. (We won the previous one. :neener: ) Who will win the next one? ;)

All in all, a great Winter Games. What a beautiful city and region! I so want to go visit there. Seriously! Oh, and by the way, Team USA is going to need to charter quite a few extra large trucks to haul all of that precious metal that we won across the border. :roll:

Vancouver was good to us. No complaints here. To Canada! :cheers:

MarkII

P.S. Special congratulations to Bill Demong and Andrew Weibrecht! Two local Adirondack boys from right next door who did good at the big show. :wave:

Last edited:
But don't get me wrong - we gave you a game because Canada taught us how to play it. No question about that.

And the final result showed who is still doing the teaching.

Congratulations and thank you for a great winter games, brother.

MarkII
red, white and blue Canadophile

What a great game! It could easily have gone the other way, too. It took sudden death OT to decide it. The gold was no foregone conclusion for the team in red and white; they had to earn it. The really great thing was that while two immensely powerful North American teams competed to decide the color of their respective medals, all that the rest of the world (except Finland) could do was sit back and watch. Right here (N. A.) is indisputably where the heart and soul of hockey resides. Congratulations, Team Canada - you won this game. (We won the previous one. :neener: ) Who will win the next one? ;)

All in all, a great Winter Games. What a beautiful city and region! I so want to go visit there. Seriously! Oh, and by the way, Team USA is going to need to charter quite a few extra large trucks to haul all of that precious metal that we won across the border. :roll:

Vancouver was good to us. No complaints here. To Canada! :cheers:

MarkII

P.S. Special congratulations to Bill Demong and Andrew Weibrecht! Two local Adirondack boys from right next door who did good at the big show. :wave:

I agree hockey sure is big here. In all fairness the europeans do give it a whirl with some great players :) The Americans play hockey really well and are extremely competitive so what more could you ask for a great rival :)
Vancouver is a beautiful city and I think they did a great job. There are alweays problems but all in all I think it went very well.
The United sates won a lot of medals and thats because they have some great athletes :) The think I liked was the fact when last we had the wintrer games in Calgary we never won a Gold medal. With a lot of hard work and detrmination our athletes changed that.
Cheers
fred

But don't get me wrong - we gave you a game because Canada taught us how to play it. No question about that.

And the final result showed who is still doing the teaching.

Congratulations and thank you for a great winter games, brother.

MarkII
red, white and blue Canadophile

I think that Americans play great hockey and their results are their own. They earned them. If we helped develop that great talent a bit I'm glad. AS you said earler could have gone either way as you said earlier but maybe its you fellas next time. Your team did some awesome checking :) Thats how you play this game pal:)
I hope most folks enjoyed the games and the hospitality:) Im glad you enjoyed it. I think this games was good for Canada as it gave a positive focus to the whole nation in what has been trying times for us all. It helps to have good neighbours as well:)
Cheers
fred

Well done. Congratulations to all the athletes and thanks to our neighbors for hosting a great Olympics.

Congrats to Canada.

They fought their way through and pulled it off. Quite an exciting game.

Congrats to the Canadian women too.

BTW - I think that there was too much of a stink raised over the womens team and the on-ice photos. After all, they just won the gold medal game at the Olympics, in their home country! Cut'em a little slack and let the enjoy themselves a bit.

I think that Americans play great hockey and their results are their own. They earned them. If we helped develop that great talent a bit I'm glad.

My son is in youth hockey here in New York. We are blessed because we have some Canadian former professional hockey players who settled here after playing here in the AHL. They volunteer, coach and teach our youth players. There is going to be an army of great US hockey players coming out of these growing youth programs. Don't be too mad at your hockey ex-pats. We love-em here.

Best
--john

Well done. Congratulations to all the athletes and thanks to our neighbors for hosting a great Olympics.

I liked a lot of the stuff I heard in the American press. It brings home we are friends and neighbours. You guys also won a bucket load of medals and are to be congratulated :)
Cheers
fred

Congrats to Canada.

They fought their way through and pulled it off. Quite an exciting game.

Congrats to the Canadian women too.

BTW - I think that there was too much of a stink raised over the womens team and the on-ice photos. After all, they just won the gold medal game at the Olympics, in their home country! Cut'em a little slack and let the enjoy themselves a bit.

I agree on the women team party stick. Ridiculous IMO. Tha was one of the best games of hockey i have seen in my life. Could have gone either way as well :)
Cheers
fred

My son is in youth hockey here in New York. We are blessed because we have some Canadian former professional hockey players who settled here after playing here in the AHL. They volunteer, coach and teach our youth players. There is going to be an army of great US hockey players coming out of these growing youth programs. Don't be too mad at your hockey ex-pats. We love-em here.

Best
--john

When it comes down to it its about folks having fun in a game they love. I supect as well we will continue to be great rivals and friends.
Cheers
fred

Congrats to Canada for a great hockey game, hosting a tremendous Olympics, and setting a gold medal record.

Congrats to our guys for setting a new medal record. Well done!

I visit Vancouver (Richmond actually, I can see the speed skating venue from my hotel) 3 or 4 times a year for business. It has become one of my favorite places to go. It always feels more like a vacation than work.

Congrats to Canada for a great hockey game, hosting a tremendous Olympics, and setting a gold medal record.

Congrats to our guys for setting a new medal record. Well done!

I visit Vancouver (Richmond actually, I can see the speed skating venue from my hotel) 3 or 4 times a year for business. It has become one of my favorite places to go. It always feels more like a vacation than work.

I enjoyed it all as well. I like vancouver as well and im glad you have a good time on your business trips there:)
Cheers
Fred

Latest posts

Back