Going to the Cape this summer

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mpitfield

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am planning on spending a week down in Florida this summer, and would like to at least make the effort to see a real rocket launch. I realize launches get cancelled last min for a variety of reasons. The last time I tired this was March 2008 or 2007 where my wife and I planned a trip to Florida and there happened to be a Shuttle launching. However the day before the launch, the weather opened up above the pad and damaged the insulation on the tank, so the launch was cancelled. This time around we have kids so hitting the KSC will be on the list but seeing a launch would be pretty cool.

Does anyone have a central location for launch information, SpaceX seems to be pretty non-committal on dates.

Michael,,
You are flying,, right ??
I went to the Wallops Facility in Virginia to see a launch..
Super cool...
If your driving make certain to check their schedule as well..

Teddy

Go to downtown Titusville, have lunch or breakfast at the local diner. If the ol' boy is still around a former NASA employee has a real interesting Space Museum around the corner. All kinds of stuff he acquired, some autographed by the astronauts.
Must see!

I went through that a while back and most of launches past May are TBD, I was hoping for more firm information, but I guess that is just the nature of this type of an event.

If you have a smartphone, NASA has an app with projected launch dates.

I had "Launch Tracker" installed but I didn't like the fact that I couldn't filter it by location and the alarms were flaky. I will have a look around for a better app.

Michael,,
You are flying,, right ??
I went to the Wallops Facility in Virginia to see a launch..
Super cool...
If your driving make certain to check their schedule as well..

Teddy

Yeah Teddy I will be flying right over you on the way down, promise I won't flush as we fly over. Wallops will have to be another visit.

Go to downtown Titusville, have lunch or breakfast at the local diner. If the ol' boy is still around a former NASA employee has a real interesting Space Museum around the corner. All kinds of stuff he acquired, some autographed by the astronauts.
Must see!

This sounds like a worth while visit, I love these off the mainstream sites.

hahahahaha,,
Hey,, heyy,, Michael...
Cheap shot man,, lol..

Teddy

Back