Going to Oshkosh???

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBrown

Phoenix Driver
Reaction score
I was wondering if there were any other TRF folks heading to Air Adventure 2016 in Oshkosh, WI. I'm leaving Wichita on Thursday in my J3 Cub and will be camping in the Vintage Aircraft Camping area for most of the week.
Bob

I'd love to take the Stinson some time, but with two little munchkins now, it's tough to get away for that long.

My elder boy, Alex, an L1 Jr. And Bong flier, will be attending with the Westosha Central Eagles Nest club, and their completed Van's RV-12.

A few of my Civil Air Patrol friends are going to be flight line marshalling.

I would love to as I have not been there in about 10 years. Always a lot of fun. Not a pilot myself, but an aerospace buff. I say the above while admitting that Oshkosh is only 1.5 hour drive from my house.

Every year! Will be there Tuesday most likely...hope to see you there!

-Eric-

Not going this year, but some of my handiwork will be there on display in the Lockheed Martin booth. it is about 10 feet long and painted in two-tone off white and dark gray...;)

Teddy,
Get your tail to Wichita NOW! I have a empty seat in the Cub if you want to see the middle of the US low and slow.

Oh mannn,,
Holy smokes man...
If you only knew how much I'd love to..
I lived my whole life just amazed by the wonder of flight..
I spent years in RC but some really heavy chemo put an end to that..
My next RC aircraft was to be a Waco YMF..
I really love the aircraft and I could fly in the "Golden Age" events with that as well..
When my wife and I were in Maine there was a Waco YMF doing sight seeing flights..
I talked her into going on a sight seeing run with me ( which took a miracle and a team of wild horses-- open cockpit )
Then I went up alone with the pilot and he let me fly it for the whole time we were up...
A time I will remember forever...

Bob,,
Yur freakin killin me mannnnn,, lol,, lol....

Teddy

Back