Going to LUNAR

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoWalks

Reaction score
This weekend LUNAR (Livermore Unit of the NAR) has a launch scheduled. Looks like the weather is going to hold for it. Wow, this will be my first launch attendance.

Well I have six, Low Powered rockets built, 99%, they even have paint on them (poorly done, but painted all the same) and not one completed ready to fly. Since they were mostly Estes Rockets I decided to change the recovery systems and have not gotten everything yet that I need, like steel fishing leader or Kevlar cords, so no go, they will not fly.

Thats ok, because I will learn a lot by attending and probably feel more comfortable when I do show up with rockets ready to fly as well as motors. :D

For those here is the Central area of California, that are going to attend I look forward to perhaps getting to meet you.

Great,i too have nothing finished. I would like to attend.Just give me some nice weather and i'll get these critters done!!! ( i needa ,i needa, I needa make a list!)mutter mutter.

Originally posted by TwoWalks
Wow, this will be my first launch attendance.

I started flying with a club at the end of last season and it was *much* more fun than on my own. You get a real nice sense of pride when someone comments on your model or comes up to you after the flight to talk about it.

Plus you can see how other rocketeers do things and you can spend the whole afternoon watching rockets fly.

Have fun!

Originally posted by doxiedog315
Great,i too have nothing finished. I would like to attend.Just give me some nice weather and i'll get these critters done!!! ( i needa ,i needa, I needa make a list!)mutter mutter.

I don't know if the weather in our area can get much better than its been the last week or so. I just hope it holds through Saturday. Come on out if any are done or not, if not you can walk around asking questions like me. :)

Thanks Mike, I figure I will ask a lot of questions and learn a little (old slow brain) I hope :D Really looking forward to this.

2walks, we'll probably see you at LUNAR on Saturday. fingers crossed about the "W".

call the LUNAR hotline (925) 443-8705 after 7AM, before you hit the road.

Originally posted by cls
2walks, we'll probably see you at LUNAR on Saturday. fingers crossed about the "W".

call the LUNAR hotline (925) 443-8705 after 7AM, before you hit the road.

Thanks for the heads up and the number, will do and will watch for you there.

I've been a member of LUNAR (and BAYNAR) for a few years now.
I plan to be there for Saturday's launch. Looks like I need to renew my
membership too.

LUNAR #1041

Originally posted by saxophone
I've been a member of LUNAR (and BAYNAR) for a few years now.
I plan to be there for Saturday's launch. Looks like I need to renew my
membership too.

LUNAR #1041

Alright a couple of folks from here will be there. Keep your eyes open for a fat old man with long grey hair that looks totally lost ... it will probably be me. :)

In case you aren't on the LUNAR e-mail list, the president of the
club issued an announcement that the LUNAR launch has been postponed
one week to Saturday, Jan. 24. See you then.

By the way, if you are a member of LUNAR and you aren't on the LUNAR
e-mail list, I highly suggest you join.

two questions:

has anyone ever flown with the LIARS (long island association something something)?

and is there like an unruled number of rockets you should bring... or should i just go all out and bring em all?

sounds like fun wish i new about it a few weeks ago.
so i counld have asked for it off.

whens the next one ?

The hotline, is still saying the 17th. at 8:30 pm PST. I kinda hope,both dates are right. Need time to finish a ship,but want to go this weekend! tried to e-mail list,but it bounced. so once again. i'm in the dark....:confused:

Originally posted by doxiedog315
The hotline, is still saying the 17th. at 8:30 pm PST. I kinda hope,both dates are right. Need time to finish a ship,but want to go this weekend! tried to e-mail list,but it bounced. so once again. i'm in the dark....:confused:

Its kind of complicated: The launch for the 17th is canceled ... rescheduled for the 24th. Now the 24th depends on a couple of things.

1. If it rains this weekend, then the 24th is canceled because the soccer tourniment for this weekend will move to that one.

2. If the wind blows or the rain falls on the 24th it will be cancelled.

Guess a person won't know until the 22nd for sure. I have to be gone for the 24th so thats out.

Field will be closed then for some time and if I understand it all correct the next launch will be the first day of Memorial Day weekend. :confused:

Back