Going to give CWF another try

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What does CA stand for? Construction Adhesive??

I don't know what others do, but in the late 80s, the truck I did was to coat the balsa fin with carpenters wood glue on what side, let it dry. It will curl but then put cwg on the other side, it will flatten. Lightly sand both sides and put in the leading and trailing edges with sand paper, then coat with cwg glue again, then lightly sand. After complete, spray paint, super smooth.

Have others tried this?

CA is cyanoacrylate -- Super Glue, although a very thin version used for these sealing the paper edges.

I've thought about the glue method you describes, but I am very good at making a complete mess with glue. :)

2) Brush off the dust with a soft paint brush, and then us blue tape to pull off whatever remaining dust is there. I don't know if the blue tape step is strictly necessary, but it definitely does remove some dust, and my theory is that *any* remaining dust can get in the way of a good long-term bond from the label paper.
I probably need to do this more. I have some separation but it still looks better to me (and easier) than sanding the CWF which makes an awful mess of my desk. I seal the edges with thin CA when papering so never had peeling.

Back